AAS announced String Studio Synthesiser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I wonder what is next from the Tassman Engine? This is like a pupolar TV series that sprouts more series. Tassman may be the "Happy Days" of VSTi's. But I wonder if this string machine is going to be "Levern and Shirley" or "Joanie Loves Chachie"?

Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Rabid wrote:So I wonder what is next from the Tassman Engine? This is like a pupolar TV series that sprouts more series. Tassman may be the "Happy Days" of VSTi's. But I wonder if this string machine is going to be "Levern and Shirley" or "Joanie Loves Chachie"?

Robert
More like 'Arnold's Drive In'

I can't wait to hear this thing.. even a simple mp3 demo would be nice until a demo of the vst becomes available.... I'll keep my eyes open..
Play it by ear

Does this thing completely nail acoustic violin, cello, double bass, and acoustic guitar?

Nailing them is the only acceptable standard now. Close approximation is not good enough anymore.

Hi electro.. it depends.. what if you can create new string sounds never heard before ( that don't sound like any "real" instrument ).. I want to experiment with this string synth just for that reason..
Play it by ear

That's not what I want. I want the complete PM solution to real world instrumets without the limitations of static sample patches and 100GB libraries. For it to be complete, it has to nail the sound the same way sample libraries do. I believe that companies have had alot of time to tweak these physical models to get closer and closer to the sound of the sample libraries. Whether they have been using that time wisely is another question.

Electro Wrote :
That's not what I want. I want the complete PM solution to real world instrumets without the limitations of static sample patches and 100GB libraries. For it to be complete, it has to nail the sound the same way sample libraries do. I believe that companies have had alot of time to tweak these physical models to get closer and closer to the sound of the sample libraries. Whether they have been using that time wisely is another question.
Have You ever tried The Abstract Guitar, that sounds to me much better than samples, and if this is like that, with twice the amount of possible sounds, then it must something special.

Return to “Instruments”