motu machfive, anyone uses it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just out of curiosity
I've read a lot about this sampler in mags but not many reviews by users actually.

how does it stand compared to the other samplers? how does it stand in terms of cpu usage, filters, etc etc??

thanks

and there seems to be no demo available...pity...

the reaktor simple samplers didnt do it for you, eh Origami?

I wish they would. All I need is a simple sampler that properly loads AKAI keymaps, and may a filter attached to it.

no no Montana, I was just asking out of curiosity. Look, Reaktor is just great and I love it, my best purchase so far, but there's something about the samplers...I don't know, I just don't get it.

i've had a chance to play around with it on a friend's computer, and while i didnt get a chance to hear the sounds that it comes with (i assume it comes with a library of sounds) i was just twisting and turning knobs and analysing the interface. I have to admit, the GUI is VERY attractive, very cool looking and very futuristic. My biggest problem was that it occupied all the screen.. ie. when its on top of everything, u cant see anything else in the background.. it's just very big. I'm one of those people that uses samplers for percussion sounds, etc. So, for me, the smaller and the simpler the sampler, the better, since i'm always using lots of samplers in my songs. For that purpose, machfive wouldn't be suitable, because.. whats the point of loading 20 of them with all those features when i'm not gonna use any of it.

I'm not dissing machfive here, but i really dont see the point in having every imaginable knob and slider on a sampler. I mean, if you want to modify a sound so much, thats what dedicated fx are for. The sampler market has become so saturated that developers are putting more and more features into their products, which results in features that the end user doesnt need or want. (or they think they want but probably wont use very much) what looks good on paper (or in a picture) doesnt necessarily mean that it will suit you better!

ok thanks for your opinion, mate. I agree with you in some things. however, many times it's useful and handy having so many effects at hand in the same interface...

I don't like it being so big either then.

apparenty it can load and play all the USBSOUNDS libraries like plugsound, xfx, ultrafocus, etc..

this is a pretty cool feature for those who want to do more serious sound mangling on those libraries

Return to “Instruments”