Your Favorite Bank, can be of your own creation.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Biomechanical explorations for the absynth.
Wicked!

CypherOne wrote:francesco's Z3ta+ virus mod does it for me, simply awesome.
I was also particularly impressed with francesco's patches for Karnage

Teksonik wrote:But it's the SOUND that is the instrument's whole purpose. Without the sound a synth makes it would just be a gui staring back at us from the monitor.
And you need 128 presets to divine that? I need to hear one, maybe two, decent patches in order to get excited about a synth. Even a bank of 16 would ineveitably contain a few duds. For all the presets that I managed to preview on z3ta+, I heard maybe 3 or 4 that I would actually want to use. Hundreds of presets and hardly any worth hearing, that's my impression of every bank I've ever heard.
Kriminal wrote:Banks should show off the sounds the instrument can make. If you find them boring, the instrument is prob boring too. Try another one.
In that case, every instrument I've ever heard is boring.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

CypherOne wrote:francesco's Z3ta+ virus mod does it for me, simply awesome.
ianweb123 wrote:I was also particularly impressed with francesco's patches for Karnage

thank you guys :)

ciao
Francesco

BONES wrote: In that case, every instrument I've ever heard is boring.
Even the French Horn :-o

Holy shit! How could i have not mentioned teksonik! WTF was i thinking! i love his work as well. :D
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

TotcProductions wrote:Holy shit! How could i have not mentioned teksonik! WTF was i thinking! i love his work as well. :D

HOLY TEK! :-o

Teksonics stuff is GREAT! he knows his FM, and he knows his WUSIK!

TC

Kriminal wrote:
BONES wrote:I can't recall ever being excited by a bank. Seriously, shouldn't it be the instrument that excites? Banks of patches tend to bore the pants off me.
Banks should show off the sounds the instrument can make. If you find them boring, the instrument is prob boring too. Try another one.
well...I have heard some presets that are pretty boring in the factory bank. But once you start tweaking, you find the gems that way. Presets are only starting points ( and that includes my own)

TC

my favorite would have to be Daniel's rhino banks, with a very slight preference for the work prior to getting into the Moog and Oberheim banks.

The Big Tone banks for albino was a revelation for what an instrument can do with somebody new at the controls

for Absynth
very big fan of the bio mechanoid explorations
the Clevinger banks
and some new guy (forgive the lack of credit) doing Boards of Canada inspired small banks -- really some stunning work

for FM7
Bear Noahm and Gravehill's banks
really extending the synth into new territory
Dan Broad is no slouch either and I often use his work as well

for Tera
for the most part I prefer Summa's quieter work, but Doc T has some great rhythm presets

Few more names i have to list here, in no specific order:

1. Dan Broad
2. Summa
3. Stewart henderson
4. Bigtone
5. Frank Neuman
6. Bear Noahm

just a few that came to mind over my breakfast. 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

BONES wrote:
Teksonik wrote:But it's the SOUND that is the instrument's whole purpose. Without the sound a synth makes it would just be a gui staring back at us from the monitor.
And you need 128 presets to divine that? I need to hear one, maybe two, decent patches in order to get excited about a synth. Even a bank of 16 would ineveitably contain a few duds. For all the presets that I managed to preview on z3ta+, I heard maybe 3 or 4 that I would actually want to use. Hundreds of presets and hardly any worth hearing, that's my impression of every bank I've ever heard.
Kriminal wrote:Banks should show off the sounds the instrument can make. If you find them boring, the instrument is prob boring too. Try another one.
In that case, every instrument I've ever heard is boring.
I guess that's why all your music sounds exactly the same. No imagination or experimentation. To each his own. :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

TotcProductions wrote:Holy shit! How could i have not mentioned teksonik! WTF was i thinking! i love his work as well. :D
No worries,I'm very easy to forget. :hihi: Thanks!
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

tconrardy wrote:
HOLY TEK! :-o

Teksonics stuff is GREAT! he knows his FM, and he knows his WUSIK!

TC
I have learned a great deal from you Tim (like how to apply two different Lfo's to a filter cutoff) so if anybody knows his stuff it's you. Thanks so much for the compliments. Coming from the Man himself they mean a great deal!

By the way why aren't you, TOTC and myself collaborating on some patches? The 3 T's :hihi:

Teksonik wrote:
No worries,I'm very easy to forget. :hihi:
Thats what makes you so dangerous.

I'll second BearNaomh's FM7 banks- Cosmodelia is my favorite FM7 bank- hands down.
Others that I really like are Tim's for both Cameleon and Kubik. I like a lot of his banks, but these are the standouts for me.
My favorite, though? My biomechanoid Absynth banks (and bio's Cameleon bank). Kol's twisted soundscapes appear in almost everything I've done over the last two and a half years- maybe for only 15 or 30 seconds, but they're there.
ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Instruments”