Free Acoustic Drum Samples - Can you help/recommend?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay folks, I'm looking for some free VERY HIGH QUALITY acoustic individual drum samples (NOT LOOPS) of things like snares, toms, timpani, and other thuddy whumps. I need preferrably stereo .WAV/.MP3/.OGG format, but mono's okay... but please no SoundFonts. I know there's plenty of bread & butter samples out there, but most free ones are either too thin and cardboard-boxy, or too doused in reverb to be of any use to me. So if anyone can recommend some truly stellar samples in the manner I described needing I would be very very grateful!

Thanks for reading. :wink:

nskit.. i think theres a kit version with the wavs..

Bob Clearmountan did a drum disc that is pretty good. Look for it on Ebay.
Not free, but close Got mine for 10 bucks.
(A23, MV, NO BVDS)

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
-Albert Einstein"

There is a whole bunch of free one-shots of snares, toms, kicks etc in 16- and 24-bit at www.manytone.com Go to Products and then at the bottom of the page there is a link to free downloads.

Cheers,
Philip

philipc68 wrote:There is a whole bunch of free one-shots of snares, toms, kicks etc in 16- and 24-bit at www.manytone.com Go to Products and then at the bottom of the page there is a link to free downloads.

Cheers,
Philip
Yep, highly recommended :wink:

The ManyTone webpage won't load... :(

Thanks though, maybe it'll pop back online soon.

JackDark wrote:The ManyTone webpage won't load... :(

Thanks though, maybe it'll pop back online soon.
That's because there was an extra period in the above link i think (I edited it out now)
Try this:

www.manytone.com

It works here. Also try hitting refresh in your browser if you still have trouble.

Besides the free one, We also have some MultiSampled Acoustic Drums and Perc there too available for a reasonable price.

Paul

Well NSKIT is exactly what I was looking for! I will however try out the ManyTone set, so thanks ManyTone for giving me the working link. :)

JackDark wrote:Well NSKIT is exactly what I was looking for! I will however try out the ManyTone set, so thanks ManyTone for giving me the working link. :)
Be careful with the NSKIT if you are going to make any commercial type music – check the licence file –
from NS free drum License wrote:Copying, duplicating, selling, electronically transmitting, renting or other uses of these sounds not specifically for the purpose of personal, non-profit music production is prohibited by law.
or contact NS

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

Thanks for the warning Spe3d! However the NSKIT download's not working, at least not the .wav format one... perhaps the soundfont will still be up. I'll also give that ruffrider kit a try...

Return to “Instruments”