To Wrap a VST with a VST Wrapper?? EnergyXT Alternative??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounds like a dumb question I know, but to be able to run synths that are sometimes buggy with certain hosts, (in my case Logic5.5.1 PC) it would be realy nice to have some kind of vst wrapper to overcome incompatabilities.

For instance NI Intakt is very buggy in Logic, but when I load it up in EnergyXT it works flawless.
Synth1 keeps reseting to patch 1 bank 1 without EnergyXT.
The only drawback Energy is that you cant use automation parameters because of it being replaced by EnergyXT's interface and I would rather like the aproach of opening one window to get to the VST plugin being used.

Is it possible to Wrap a VST with a VST Wrapper and are there any vst wrappers out there or anything similar that can do this?

Hope that was clear.

I don't know of any wrappers that can expose a plugin's VST automation parameters to Logic on the PC platform. However, you could work around it using MIDI controllers.

Mr Sleep wrote:The only drawback Energy is that you cant use automation parameters because of it being replaced by EnergyXT's interface and I would rather like the aproach of opening one window to get to the VST plugin being used.
Erm, can you not use XT's 'CC Map' to map controllers to the synth params you want to automate, then just use CC automation in your host?!

Shif.
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Return to “Instruments”