Question to Stylus RMX users

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I´m interested in the RMX

but since there is no demo I have a question

Is it possible to arrange a pattern based track with the RMX?
means: I have a loop running for example for 4 bars and then I want to change this loop and want to have another loop or a variation of the first loop.

How is it done if it is possible?

and are the sounds usefull for electronic and downbeat songs?
What do you think?

any further advice on sounds / sounddesign possibilities / use / experiences/ cpu load / etc. is appreciated.

thanks

Hi Stephan.:) I have RMX. You can do what you say in a few ways. You can use the Chaos Designer to come up with variations which is pretty cool. You can drag and drop the midi file into your sequencer and rearrange as required. You can even capture what Chaos Designer does to a loop as a midi file and drag and drop that into your sequencer.

It's got loads of very good quality loops as well as thousands of individual hits so you can make your own beats.

In short it's awesome. does that answer your question?

CPU wise it's not too bad, but it depends how much load you put on it, i.e. you can have up to 8 loops all running at once, all going via Chaos Designer etc., that can get pretty heavy.

I don't think it's possible to say RMX is limited to any genre really, especially given that you can 'import' rex files (you need to convert them first but they work).

The on board FX are very good too.

CypherOne wrote:Hi Stephan.:) I have RMX. You can do what you say in a few ways. You can use the Chaos Designer to come up with variations which is pretty cool. You can drag and drop the midi file into your sequencer and rearrange as required. You can even capture what Chaos Designer does to a loop as a midi file and drag and drop that into your sequencer.

well that sounds good, but can you do it also "on the fly"? means can I have a track running and cange the loops while it is running and record these changes too? Or do I need to make the midi-files before that and import them, for changes?
almost ;-)

thanks cypher

rsmus7 wrote:well that sounds good, but can you do it also "on the fly"? means can I have a track running and cange the loops while it is running and record these changes too? Or do I need to make the midi-files before that and import them, for changes?
Yes...you can do this several ways in RMX.

You can use Groove Menu mode so that all your variations are laid out on the MIDI keyboard that you trigger and jam with in real-time sync....this is a lot of fun.

You can also control any of the 10,000 parameters in RMX via a simple to use MIDI Learn system, so you can bring parts in and out, control the Chaos parameters, filters, FX, etc from your controller.

spectrum

i love the groove menu. reminds me of old school sampling.. when i would stretch out many loops across the keys and switch em up in realtime.

i don't think anyone talks enuf about groove menus..
i love em :D
worst signature evar

so the groove menue is what makes what I want :-)

good to know.

Think I will get RMX as soon as I can afford it ;-)

hey I got a question for yall- I occasionally make straight up classic rock style songs, would I be able to do drums in that style on stylus? I want BFD, but I dont have the hardware or the patience to add efx to get rid of the "dry" sound.

Hey rsmus7 & S_A_P®
every beat in RMX is triggered by midi so you have have whatever pattern you want and however many you want.

Note make sure you have at least 1 GIG of ram so you can run all 8 channels.
Last edited by CANE CREEK on Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yeah...we should probably do some more video tutorials about working with Groove Menus and Sound Menus too.

spectrum

S_A_P®: you could do that with the standard beats in Stylus, but you'd really want to add the Backbeat module on for that type of work. Lots of excellent backing track-type of beats, with individual hits available, as well.

Spectrum...I would like to encourage that. I find your videos to be incredibly helpful and have set a standard that I fervently hope others will follow.

spectrum wrote:Yeah...we should probably do some more video tutorials about working with Groove Menus and Sound Menus too.

spectrum
would be cool :-)

Return to “Instruments”