Drum Machines

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pardon me if this message has been duplicated, i was wondering if there is a vst like limelite that had the remix function. is there a way to duplicate this using FL,dr-008 and slicy drummer,using midi.

MicroTonic and Grooveagent can send midi out so you can trigger Dr008, Battery etc.

Dunno if thats what you were asking.....

maybe maybe not, by the reviews i know i do not want groove agent...have you or anyone else (pretty sure the "elses" have) used limelite that understands its remix function...its good stuff IMHO

Limelite is indeed very cool. Seeing as you can use Reaktor as a VST have you thought about buying Reaktor Session?

can you explain the remix function for those of the "elses" that haven't? :)
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

the remix function...is a dial that has 127 "remixes"
you start with your pattern sequence. you then have a dial that selects when the remix function kicks in. ie your drums pattern plays four bars at the fifth bar you have the remix function kick in, on this fifth bar the remix which you have selected plays. the remix is actually a fill,or a simple funky breakdown to resolve youyr drum pattern so it is not repetitive. It works very well and very simply. So far my only work around I think will be to duplicate my basic drum poattern in limelite solo including remix, make a wav. of this, transfer it to recycle,convert to midi, send to FL,trigger dr-008.thats alot...I have reaktor 3 never used it because the dongle never worked, i have not been able to reach native instruments online to upgrade. so now i'm in a quandry of deciding whether BFD,or Stylus RMX is something I need. Using slicy it seems my basic beat is fine it justs needs slight change ups, and although fill in drummer is alright, its just alright....

it's kind of a fill dial - as simmy says it has 127 predefined fills, but the genius part is that you can 'offset' it by up to +/- 8 (or 16 can't remember right now) steps so it can come up with some really cool fills, plus you can decide if this kicks in every 2nd, 4th, 8th, 12th or 16th bar.
Last edited by CypherOne on Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interesting... wonder if Jamstix will do what you want? Seems like the cheapest and easiest way to non-repetitive, step-programmable patterns.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

jamstix may, i downloaded the demo yesterday, and my results were not good, it is something uncanny about the ease of use with limelite that to me works much better. probably anybody that has used this feature in limelite can empathise. CypheroNE seems like he/she understands perfectly....still any suggestions

The Chaos Designer in Stylus RMX does some funky stuff too, but I find it's a little unpredictable (hence Chaos I guess) and I also find that for example the reverse slider is way to sensitive, anything over about 10% just gives way too many reverses for my liking.

oh and I'm a he by the way (it's not the weekend yet). :)

so i would assume that there really is nothing equivalent to this limelite, that limelite is totally in a class by itself ? Those type of fills add so much class to beats, I am not a drummer and cannot make those funkly little ditties. What makes funky little ditties ?

slicy drummer (well actually fill-in drummer) used in conjunction with DR-008 does some very good fills, just not quite as instantly gratifying...

fillin drummer is actually ok; but is is actually just ok, maybe it is me and i'm looking for too much. im not sure if is the instant gratification of limelite that is so appealing. I just believe its structure and paradigm were well thought.Maybe if that were a vst and you could use your own waves and it cost 99.00 U.S I would be happy. any other suggestions...I know i may be beating a dead hore, but i'd like to know how others are doing this

paradigm, strike one :wink:

Return to “Instruments”