Dubstep and techno: Please help What is the name of this sound or patch?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been listening to a channel of techno lately and I have heard all kinds of sounds/sound effects they like to mix in the tracks. They have long mixes with several tracks so the track name was not coming up. A few days ago I came across something I really wish to know what they call it, it is like a bass sound that glides from the bass and slightly over one to 2 semi tones. Sometimes more. It is somewhat "Aggressive", and the timbre reminds me of an engine with a broken timing system spinning up. I have tried out some DAWs and synths and I know each sound/patch has it's name, so I was just curios. I tried to recreate the sound, I put some drums but almost muted them and gave the sound in question emphasis so you can hear it. As I said it sounds quite aggressive but it is not supposed to be that pronounced. I immediately detected it as a typical FM sound with some high pass resonance on it. I am way far from being a musician and I am not good at FM algoritms so it might not be accurate, but should be recognizeable. My own thought is it might be supposed to give some ASMR effect, at least I felt that way. What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sound Design”