Arturia Drumbrute ..... ?? (analog drum machine for 449 euro)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now wait for the drumbrute mini...

MatrixDrumBrute?

I would have bought into a straight 808/909 analogue clone and paid extra.

grabme wrote:I would have bought into a straight 808/909 analogue clone and paid extra.
Those already exist. This offers something different.

grabme wrote:I would have bought into a straight 808/909 analogue clone and paid extra.

I thought the inclusion of both an 808 and 909 kick was a good choice.

But DrumBrute kills both the old kings... By sound and features.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I get the feeling Grabme left out a "been happy to buy".

And, indeed, this does look and sound tempting.

Mutant wrote:
But DrumBrute kills both the old kings... By sound and features.
Feature yes but sound? I'll have what you are smoking if it makes this thing sound better than what I'm hearing.

I'll take the Drumbrute over any of Roland's recent digital recreations. Sold all of my Aira gear. I got NI Battery for what Roland is doing. Plenty of 808/909 samplepacks. Plenty of 303 VSTs. I felt the Aira TR-8 and TB-3 to be quite weak sounding in the end.

I've been watching Drumbrute videos on my studio monitors and headphones and it sounds pretty darn beefy and powerful. I'm glad it's not some straight up 808 and 909 clone, it goes further than that. Arturia are doing better than anything Roland is doing now. I would love to see videos of this drum machine in some more capable hands. Not someone who got the thing delivered a week ago.

Arturia.. send one gratis to Jeff Mills..

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

NEOREV wrote:I'll take the Drumbrute over any of Roland's recent digital recreations. Sold all of my Aira gear. I got NI Battery for what Roland is doing. Plenty of 808/909 samplepacks. Plenty of 303 VSTs. I felt the Aira TR-8 and TB-3 to be quite weak sounding in the end.

I've been watching Drumbrute videos on my studio monitors and headphones and it sounds pretty darn beefy and powerful. I'm glad it's not some straight up 808 and 909 clone, it goes further than that. Arturia are doing better than anything Roland is doing now. I would love to see videos of this drum machine in some more capable hands. Not someone who got the thing delivered a week ago.
What lets it down in my opinion is that high pitched sound on the attack of both kick drums which can't be tuned out, if it didnt have that then it would be in a similar ballpark to the 808/909. Also the snare is pretty unexciting. How do you produce an analogue machine yet get those two crucial sounds so wrong? Will give this one a miss and wait for version 2 or another company to deliver the goods.

Got an awesome deal on the Drumbrute for under $400! Whoop whoop! Can't wait to have this in my setup. Hurry up and get here!

Is it available yet? I find the audio demos from Arturia and here not that convincing. Maybe someone who bought it can record and upload some pattern (preferably wav or 320 kbps mp3).

grabme wrote:
NEOREV wrote:I'll take the Drumbrute over any of Roland's recent digital recreations. Sold all of my Aira gear. I got NI Battery for what Roland is doing. Plenty of 808/909 samplepacks. Plenty of 303 VSTs. I felt the Aira TR-8 and TB-3 to be quite weak sounding in the end.

What lets it down in my opinion is that high pitched sound on the attack of both kick drums which can't be tuned out, if it didnt have that then it would be in a similar ballpark to the 808/909. Also the snare is pretty unexciting. How do you produce an analogue machine yet get those two crucial sounds so wrong? Will give this one a miss and wait for version 2 or another company to deliver the goods.
exactly, this snare is god awful
I've just listened to all of the audio examples from the Arturia website AGAIN.
This really doesn't sound any good to me, I really don't know what people are smoking.
I'll stick to DrumSpillage until someone decides to get their shit together.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”