Waldorf Quantum - 8-voice hybrid synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please do post your impressions!!

pdxindy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:09 pm Please do post your impressions!!
I will do :tu: I'm just on reading the pdf manual I downloaded tonight. This thing is deep I'm gonna have plenty fun getting to know Quantum.

Ok it's a go.. so there must be another batch of Quantum's for definite as I just got my UPS tracking number mine was last tracked at 15:39pm in KOLN woohoo

Sweet!!

Seems they are starting to pick up speed a bit... well, maybe speed is not the right word... hehehe

Well hello there, look who's arrived :love: :love: :love:

Will test her out tomorrow, shit this thing is really big and very heavy.. Can't set this up in here I need a second desk lol

Rob

rob_lee wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:43 pm Well hello there, look who's arrived :love: :love: :love:

Rob
Nice!

I've got an open desk waiting for one of those to show up!

Look forward to hearing your impressions...

pdxindy wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:55 pm
rob_lee wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:43 pm Well hello there, look who's arrived :love: :love: :love:

Rob
Nice!

I've got an open desk waiting for one of those to show up!

Look forward to hearing your impressions...
Yeah I'll have a play with it over the next few days/weeks. Post some sound demos

Ok Iv'e had just 24 hrs working on the Waldorf Quantum and I have to say that it's the best synth I have ever laid my hands on period. I haven't even scratched the surface with it yet.
I'll have this mastered in a few weeks and maybe post a few demos.. This thing is Drone heaven, it's like a total House and Techno synth and more.....

There are 2 layers with 3 Oscs and each layer has

- Wavetable
- Waveform
- Particle
- Resonator

The Waveform is fabulous as you can have like a chord on OSC 1 (Kernels) so for example

0 + 3 + 7 + 12

and that's just 1 OSC on 1 Layer, you then have another 2 OSC's on layer 1 and you haven't even touched Layer 2 yet.

Komplex Modulator is also a fav of mine with 6 front panel knobs to modulate really complex stuff..

Oh... and what an FX section

- Phaser
- Chorus
- Flanger
- Delay
- Reverb
- EQ
- Drive
- Compressor

You have 5 slots per preset per layer here which is absolutely stunning IMO

Just trying out the sequencer now and even that is amazing, think this synth really is the best Iv'e ever had.

I'll post a full review in the new year.

Thank you Waldorf :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 am Ok Iv'e had just 24 hrs working on the Waldorf Quantum and I have to say that it's the best synth I have ever laid my hands on period.

I'll post a full review in the new year.

Thank you Waldorf :tu:
Sounds so enticing! Makes me want the Quantum to show up tomorrow!!

How would you describe the sound character?

pdxindy wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:06 am Sounds so enticing! Makes me want the Quantum to show up tomorrow!!
You can make the Quantum sound whatever you want it to. The sound character is tremendous. The FX section is absolutely stunning. I'd just describe the sound character as totally adaptable to anything you want it to be.

Seriously this thing is so deep yet one of the easiest synths I have used, front panel layout, touch screen, modulation matrix is great.

Hope you get yours soon mate you'll see what I mean hehe

Rob

rob_lee wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:14 am
pdxindy wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:06 am Sounds so enticing! Makes me want the Quantum to show up tomorrow!!
You can make the Quantum sound whatever you want it to. The sound character is tremendous. The FX section is absolutely stunning. I'd just describe the sound character as totally adaptable to anything you want it to be.

Seriously this thing is so deep yet one of the easiest synths I have used, front panel layout, touch screen, modulation matrix is great.

Hope you get yours soon mate you'll see what I mean hehe

Rob
Hey Rob

How are you finding the converters though, the output quality? All the demo's I've heard so far it sounds really flat like a Blofeld. If you listen to a Montage (for example) or the older Roland stuff it always sounds expensive and deep. I really wanted to like/get the Quantum, but I can't spend £4k on a synth and then know my JV1080 sounds.....'better' :lol:

I would like to hear examples from both to see if i can hear what you mean, if you want to take the time to do so.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

tehlord wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:59 pm
Hey Rob

How are you finding the converters though, the output quality? All the demo's I've heard so far it sounds really flat like a Blofeld. If you listen to a Montage (for example) or the older Roland stuff it always sounds expensive and deep. I really wanted to like/get the Quantum, but I can't spend £4k on a synth and then know my JV1080 sounds.....'better' :lol:
Maybe they're not using the Quantum properly Geoff. The sound is absolutely fabulous to my ears. It's definitely no Blofeld. Never heard the Montage but I agree to some point about the JV's and older Roland stuff.
I haven't had much play on Quantum yet as I'm building the extension and have only really had it plugged in via a Komplete Audio 6 but the sound is really big and wide. The FX section is great. 5 FX per patch, split each patch between midi channels etc if you like. I haven't heard many YouTube demos of Quantum but I'm sure I'll be able to get fantastic sounds out of it when I finally get a chance to go deep. It's got about 4 gig of sample memory too if I remember so it'll come in handy. Only part I won't use is the granular part of it I'm not in to that stuff but for House/Techno this is perfect for me.

There's 3 OSCs but each OSC can have a chord and routed to different filters and Komplex modulators. Like I say I'll get more in to it shortly.

Oh and it lights up like a christmas tree too lol

Rob

rob_lee wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:09 pm

Maybe they're not using the Quantum properly Geoff. The sound is absolutely fabulous to my ears. It's definitely no Blofeld. Never heard the Montage but I agree to some point about the JV's and older Roland stuff.
I haven't had much play on Quantum yet as I'm building the extension and have only really had it plugged in via a Komplete Audio 6 but the sound is really big and wide. The FX section is great. 5 FX per patch, split each patch between midi channels etc if you like. I haven't heard many YouTube demos of Quantum but I'm sure I'll be able to get fantastic sounds out of it when I finally get a chance to go deep. It's got about 4 gig of sample memory too if I remember so it'll come in handy. Only part I won't use is the granular part of it I'm not in to that stuff but for House/Techno this is perfect for me.

There's 3 OSCs but each OSC can have a chord and routed to different filters and Komplex modulators. Like I say I'll get more in to it shortly.

Oh and it lights up like a christmas tree too lol

Rob

Hmmm, I'll possibly take another look then. I can't demo it anywhere near here as it's not in stock anywhere which is a pain, but I will once somebody has one in.

I really want to like it because of all the reasons you mentioned lol.

As soon as you have time, make sure you put up some meaningful demos :wink:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”