Focal Trio 6 BE vs Twin 6 BE

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all.

Are there any Focal Trio 6 BE owners on this forum, that maybe also knows how they perform compared to the Twin 6 BE?
I have Focal CMS50+Sub right now, but this system will most likely move to another studio soon and I will buy a new one for my studio.
I really love the CMS and would like to stay with Focal. But I'm not sure if I want to spend the addtional money for the Trio 6 BE vs the Twin 6 BE (~5000€ vs ~3500€ .. ).

Did anyone here had a chance to hear both?
Any recommendations?
If Trio 6 are same as Twin 6 but with better low-end, I could also run the Twin 6 + CMS Sub.
Happy about any (qualified) comments, since there seems to be no test / comparsions out there that review Focal Trio 6 vs Focal Twin 6 (or it least I cannot find any).

There's also the Focal SM9 which are great. Having heard these in a well treated studio environment, I would recommend them. They aren't a great deal more expensive than the Trios.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Yeah, I read about the SM-9 as well, but they seem to be more of a mid- than a nearfield. When using it as nearfield some ppl complain about to much low-end presence.

Anyway... I have just ordered a pair of Trio 6 BE.
Will let you know how they perform compared to the CMS system, in case anyone else plans to do same upgrade :clown:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”