Behringer Neutron

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounding nice. I don't think it will be expensive (no preset management, screen etc).
According to Facebook, designed by the Manchester team (Deepmind & Model D) with April shipment.
Last edited by db3 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

db3 wrote:Sounding nice. I don't think it will be expensive (no preset management, screen etc).
According to Facebook, designed by the Manchester team (Deepmind & Model D) with April shipment.
April? Maybe I should cancel my Model D preorder and wait for this instead. Put the money toward it.

NEOREV wrote:
db3 wrote:Sounding nice. I don't think it will be expensive (no preset management, screen etc).
April? Maybe I should cancel my Model D preorder and wait for this instead. Put the money toward it.
Looks like in customers' hands in May...

We plan to ship the Neutron by end of April from our factory and over the coming weeks we will hopefully be able to announce the price. We are in the process to gather all orders from our distribution partners, which will allow us to calculate the manufacturing cost which is basis for us to define the suggested retail price.

Oh wait, there IS a "Delay Rate" input after all. Sweet.

Sounds interesting.

Really not so keen on the red however, not least because it doesn't seem the easiest to read (white/grey on red).

Seems as though Behringer are intending to follow through on promise to play in an awful lot of market segments. Going to be a fun and interesting year or two ahead.

db3 wrote: According to Facebook, designed by the Manchester team (Deepmind & Model D) with April shipment.
Manchester's finest synth cloners have been turned loose to create something original. Too bad they didn't hire a graphic designer and instead had a 14 year old intern make a "radioactive" front panel. :shock:

Frantz wrote:
db3 wrote: According to Facebook, designed by the Manchester team (Deepmind & Model D) with April shipment.
Manchester's finest synth cloners have been turned loose to create something original.
What are you talking about? :shock: The Midas team (Robert Belcham & Pete Sadler) have designed (so far) only the DeepMind and Neutron synths - both original ("D" was created by another Behringer team). So what exactly were they cloning?!?
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote: What are you talking about? :shock: The Midas team (Robert Belcham & Pete Sadler) have designed (so far) only the DeepMind and Neutron synths - both original ("D" was created by another Behringer team). So what exactly were they cloning?!?
The DeepMind is heavily based on the Roland Juno 60. I assumed the D was done by the same group but apparently not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmkU5NkL-Gk

idfpower wrote:
Frantz wrote:
Manchester's finest synth cloners have been turned loose to create something original.
What are you talking about? :shock: The Midas team (Robert Belcham & Pete Sadler) have designed (so far) only the DeepMind and Neutron synths - both original ("D" was created by another Behringer team). So what exactly were they cloning?!?
Just an assumption based on an update Uli gave saying the first Model D prototype was up in Manchester. I guess at the end of the day it was Moog that designed that one :D

You can watch the Superbooth videos showcasing the D synth to find out that the Midas team was not in charge of that particular unit.
The DeepMind may had started as a Juno 60 inspired project, but calling the end result "clone" is crazy. In fact, the D unit is technically not a clone either (Eurorack format and other bits and bobs).
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Uli Behringer said they have 4 synthesizer development teams currently active .... so it's not really safe to make assumptions re: which team developed which synth.

maybe as more of the planned synths come out, we'll see a pattern ... but as of now, one shouldn't assume. at least if one cares to be reasonably accurate in the things they say.

I think the Manchester team is developing the OBXa clone.

Deepmind is not a clone. Particularly because some of its coolest features, e.g. the way that effects can be integrated into sound design, with modulation etc are fairly unique to it.

I would absolutely call the Model D a clone however.

transmetropolitan wrote: I would absolutely call the Model D a clone however.
It's certainly a MODEL D version. No question about it. But it's not a straight up clone, because that would require a perfect copy: 100% (and the B team was smart enough to add some small bits or swap components around in order not to make it just a clone - it's more like 95 % Moog, 5% Behringer). FWIW.

Interesting - a fully functional synth with massive patchbay. Waiting for some practical sound demos. :tu:

Surely it looks ugly. Like made by this Dreadbox guy if he had completely no taste :D
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Daags wrote:Uli Behringer said they have 4 synthesizer development teams currently active .... so it's not really safe to make assumptions re: which team developed which synth.

maybe as more of the planned synths come out, we'll see a pattern ... but as of now, one shouldn't assume. at least if one cares to be reasonably accurate in the things they say.
One assumed on the basis the first D prototype was tested in Manchester — the comment has since been edited based on feedback here. The main point that Neutron was designed by the Deepmind team holds true.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”