E-Mu Morpheus vs. Roland JV-2080

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote:
Rameses wrote:I am considering to eventually get my first piece of hardware gear soon
Rameses wrote:From my experiences rack units sound way better than plugins.
:hihi:
Wow this is completely impossible
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

ChamomileShark wrote: I've heard some stellar demos of the Morpheus with new sounds created but unless you really are willing to put the time in it sounds like a not very exciting, limited and dated ROMpler..
I've dated lots of romplers after a while you can appreciate one that's been around the block a few times. Just because a newer one can squeal like a pig doesn't mean you can put a dress on it and take her to walmart.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Rameses wrote:Thank you very much for stating your opinion, but doesn't a hardware solution have a different and much richer harmonic spectrum than perhaps a software which emulates the presets or the filter methods? I have my reasons for wanting the hardware and not a workaround solution because I know the pros of hardware :D The character of a synthesizer is not only the vague description of the sounds it puts out but it goes more into detail.
Different maybe, but “richer harmonic spectrum?” No. Omnisphere will blow both of those rack synths away in every way except CPU use.

Also, what do you mean by “emulate the filter methods?” Both synths you’re considering are software based. The filter I’m the 2080 is nothing special and the Z-Plane filters (though not the specific ones in the Morpheus) are available as software. If you want morphing filters, the one in Filterscape is much cooler.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

himalaya wrote:
dellboy wrote:and it fizzled out.
It Fizmo'ed out. It FIZMO'ed out!
:D
:lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

This thread is a bit dated. Is there a VST emu of the Emu synths now? Could not find any with my googling.

GearNostalgia wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:17 am This thread is a bit dated. Is there a VST emu of the Emu synths now? Could not find any with my googling.
I don't think there is. My Morpheus developed a fault and I sold it on as such and there isn't anything that quite replaces it.

You could add some kind of morphing filter to a set of samples. That would give you some basic morphs. My experience of the Morpheus was that alot of the morphs were highly resonant and not really usable.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Check out Emu UltraProteus. I owned one, sold it and miss it.
Be aware that getting any Emu and older Roland hardware is frought with finding service when you need. Which is the reason I finally let it go. I still own two pieces of Roland gear, but I think I'm done with anything that Roland does in hardware or software now.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”