Yamaha CS-80 remake by Behringer?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hope the original patch programmer thing gets lost in consultation. It's a bit limiting and a missed opportunity. Aside from wasting panel space, it's no match for 64 or 128 memory slots. And I can do without the hard wired piccolo and trumpet switches.

Still exciting, but have another think about it, please.

tapper mike wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:30 am Acoustica has not one but two virtual instruments of which the earlier version is more faithful but the later is much more pleasing.
TBH it's not Acoustica, they only bundled the Memorymoon plugins http://www.memorymoon.com/me80.htm

PS. but it was one of reasons I bought Mixcraft :D

Correction noted.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I suspect I'm a bit of a heathen, but the CS80 doesn't excite me. I'd rather have a CS40 or 60. Probably because I'm not a fancy player, most of the excitement about CS80s was the performance aspect - I just prefer mono synths and good ol' knob twiddling. A simple midi'ed-up riff on loop and then I'll go all Dr Who on the knobs - I don't want to play a Wendy Carlos Beethoven electronica symphony (mainly because I can't :oops: ). If I want to play chords, I'm not going to have spare brain or finger power to twiddle at the same time. And if I want fancy chords that go places - got a Wavestate to do that.

I might buy one if they make 'em just because they look pretty, but it won't be on my lust-after list. Much rather have the vocoder and others first. :shrug:
I applaud Behringer for doing it though. At the moment I'm loving Behringer and am on a Behringer spending spree.

I want a CS-15 or CS-30 clone. I really love my CS-15 but it's huge and it doesn't have MIDI. If Behringer releases a module version (similar to the Pro-1) at some point maybe with some of the most popular mods then it would be an instant buy for me.

I've never played with a real CS-80 but I've tried a Deckard´s Dream a while ago. It's a fantastic synth but the price is way over my budget. It's from a small boutique manufacturer and the CS-80 is a complex beast so the price is justified. So I'd love to see a clone from Behringer but I doubt that they can create a CS-80 and place it in the Monopoly or Poly D price range. My guess is that it will be over a grand in the end if they ever release it.

I'm curious if they can clone it and, at the same time, minimize it in size.
Some folks want a full size with a keyboard and all bells and whistles, but I would prefer the desktop version. I don't have that much space in my room, and I don't want to pay for quite expensive features (HQ keyboard with aftertouch) that I don't need.
I hope for the desktop version in max. price of Poly D.

A module version would be perfect for me too. If it's roughly the same size as the DeepMind module and costs less than a grand then they will sell tons of them. That said, the poly pressure keyboard and the ribbon are a big part of the original experience sol you'll need a MPE controller of some kind to get the most out of the module version.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”