Behringer TD-3 Analog Bass Line Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

christian f. wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:22 pm Sad to see that we’re living in a clone / fake instruments world today .
Only in music production people feel like it’s ok.
Imagine Toyota coming out with a Porsche clone call Borsj , Seiko w a Kolex etc.
Would you drive and wear that with pride ?
Porsche? I don't drive a car, out of principle. That both cost me dearly and saved me lots.
Seiko? I don't wear a watch unless I have too, and why should I care about fake status symbols?

As to Behringer clones, the OEMs dropped the ball, and Behringer delivers what the people have been asking for so long.

Perhaps we should be more concerned about social and ecological aspects of moving production to Behringer City, China.

SLiC wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:27 pm Yup, almost all VSTs are clones/fake - buy a guitar and get away from the computer!

les paul copy or strat copy :hihi:

SLiC wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:27 pm Yup, almost all VSTs are clones/fake - buy a guitar and get away from the computer!
Leo Fender doesn't work there anymore... Fenders are clones.
So are Musicman and G&L guitars, obviously. Made by other shareholders' machines.
;)

christian f. wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:22 pm Sad to see that we’re living in a clone / fake instruments world today .
Imagine Toyota coming out with a Porsche clone call Borsj , Seiko w a Kolex etc.
If they were making clones as close to the originals technical specs as Behringer are, for the same difference in price??? Abso-farking-lutely!

Borsj is a soup so it's easy to clone in the kitchen and it's warm and analog.
Murderous duck!

bitcrush01 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:00 am Image
Thank you for posting this thread. I probably would have missed this otherwise as I'm not really into hardware. This is pretty exciting to me. I spent a lot of time in Rebirth software. That TG Virus Kilomix! :phones: Could be fun.. esp for 150 dollars.

cptgone wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:30 pm
Porsche? I don't drive a car, out of principle. That both cost me dearly and saved me lots.
Seiko? I don't wear a watch unless I have too, and why should I care about fake status symbols?

As to Behringer clones, the OEMs dropped the ball, and Behringer delivers what the people have been asking for so long.

Perhaps we should be more concerned about social and ecological aspects of moving production to Behringer City, China.
Thanks for your “conscious” rant , but this thread is about a fake 303 on a music forum. If you were really worried about ecological aspects you would boycott cheap products made in China and over production and consumption of products we don’t really need.

cptgone wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:30 pmI don't drive a car, out of principle.
What principle is that? Is it the principle of "walking everywhere saves me having to go to the gym"? Or the principle of "if I'm late, at least I'll have an excuse"? Or maybe the principle of "I'd rather sponge off my friends and neighbours than pay my own way"?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

WORST. SYNTH. EVER.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

dp
Last edited by AnX on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

BONES wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:27 am WORST. SYNTH. EVER.
that has produced the

BEST MUSIC EVER

BONES wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:27 am WORST. SYNTH. EVER.
A friend of mine had one back in 2000 (2nd hand of course). Terrible cheap sounding noisebox: In Germany we say "Knarzer" afaik. I didn't like it from the first moment till today. :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

It isn’t really about if individually we like the sound or not, it’s about choice and affordability. This is the cost of just the filter in Eurorack, it may introduce people to analog, to step sequencing, to CV...the 303 sound is obviously of interest to some people (we have had a lot of software and expensive hardware clones in the past) and may be one of the most iconic and recognisable synth/electronic music sounds out there....

Obviously this won’t be for everyone, but it’s 149 ‘list’, it will be sold cheaper...it’s amazing value and Behringer are delivering on their promise to put these musical tools in to the hands of musicians who may not of been able to afford them before...no one else was doing this (or was interested in the low margin mass produce market with analog gear). I think this is great...I’m not going to be buying a 303 myself, but I did buy their Odyssey, Neutron, Model D and DM12 and I have nothing but praise for these instruments.

Arturia are also making great value and interesting instruments (I just picked up a mikrofreek for under 200) so it can be done by others...Korg make some great lower cost stuff....it just seems to be the big dogs like Roland and Yamaha that seem uninterested in this section of the market. High end stuff (DSI moog, some Eurorack stuff etc) will I think be largely unaffected as this stuff is niche, but that middle ground once held by Roland and Yamaha must be getting impacted.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Not content with the Roland cloud policy, I just bought the Roland TB-3. The TB-3 does have a much better interface (sequencing is much easier) and can also produce other sounds so it has a broader scope than the TB-303.

For 150 euro this TD-3 is a steal though.
Personally I find it a pity that they didn't introduce a proper step sequencer like the TB-03 has provided as an alternative to the original sequencer.

I ordered the blue one. Sounds great! £128 is a complete bargain.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”