2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:11 am
foosnark wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:56 am Mosky Spring Reverb incoming.
I bought a couple of those and was so impressed that I bought a couple more..

Great sounding reverb and perfect for guitar....
It doesn't blow me away, but I like it, especially for the price. I expect it'll go in my delay chain to add a little extra vibe, rather than keeping it paired with Tensor, though.

The blue LED on mind was nasty wicked blinding. I had a silver Sharpie handy, and that toned it down to a bearable level.

Just bought a pair of iLoud micros...

I just put a load of gear on eBay and ordered the new Roland TD 27KV That’s pretty much the e drum kit I have e been waiting for....

I have my Osmose coming in the summer, so that should be me this year!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Behringer TD3
Re-bought the Elektron Digitakt (was stupid enough to sell it :dog: )

Might go for the Korg Wavestate when it comes out. Would really like to have a good rompler lying around. Had the MC707 for a while, but while it sounded great, the UI on that thing was quite fiddly.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

SLiC wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:08 am I just put a load of gear on eBay and ordered the new Roland TD 27KV That’s pretty much the e drum kit I have e been waiting for....

Any interesting Eurorack modules?

I pre-ordered an Arturia KeyStep Pro, but will probably sell it if a black version is released later. Also, a Roland Boutique JU-06A is in transit, and scheduled to arrive next week.

Adineko arrived, but the "Reverb" knob (delay repeats) doesn't work :bang:

Since I'm using this with a modular synth and Bitwig, I can patch my own feedback loop around it for a little extra hassle. That has the side benefit of being able to throw extra filters, pitch shifters, limiters etc. in the loop and is something I'd probably do anyway.

But of course that means the pedal is worth less than I paid and will be harder to resell, so I'm contacting the seller to see if he'd rather give me a full refund to return it, or a partial refund.

The Adineko and Mosky spring sound pretty great together in a loop, so I think now I'm just going to sell off my Paradox Arquitecto. Its vibe is a little different but it offers me less control.

ASM Hydrasynth has found a home here , picked up a second hand Plasma Pedal and a refurbished Ipad 6th gen is on its way from Apple for my Alesis IO Dock II.. replaced my ailing Presonus Central Station with a Monitor Station II but sent the Central Station out for repair with the option of returning the other if I decide I am not happy with it. Behringer TD-3 is on back order and has been for months.

That will be it for gear this year. I have been doubling down on really learning the stuff I have with a focus on workflow.

I'd like to read your thoughts on the TD-27KV .. I have a TD-30KV kit here. It is good shape but it has seen some use. I picked it up second hand and expect I'll have to replace the ride cymbal and one of the crash cymbals at some point based on the wear that I see on the edge.
toonertik wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:10 am
SLiC wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:08 am I just put a load of gear on eBay and ordered the new Roland TD 27KV That’s pretty much the e drum kit I have e been waiting for....

Funny you should ask, I haven't put them on yet, but I have taken out a bunch of MI modules (to put in a B Neutron ;-)) and am going to list them if you are interested....Clouds, Frames, Shelves (with expander) and Grids- all original box, instructions and toy!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:04 pm I'd like to read your thoughts on the TD-27KV .. I have a TD-30KV kit here. It is good shape but it has seen some use. I picked it up second hand and expect I'll have to replace the ride cymbal and one of the crash cymbals at some point based on the wear that I see on the edge.

I will let you know! Its on its way from, Thomann - I have already bought the Roland Hi Hat pedal/stand and drum pedal (the 'noise eater' ones) so will be good to go when it comes next week :D My trusty TD -8 is about 10 years old now I guess and has been great, never any problems and for my ability, probably good enough! However, my daughter has started doing grades (on 3) and is much better than I am, I think the kit is more suited to this- the snare, hi-hat and ride in particular. I am interested in the audio/midi over USB- should, make it easy to multitrack. Obviously the new sound engine is supposed to be amazing- derived from the 5K kit with convo reverb and ability to use own samples....

I am getting one of the 2019 iPad Airs. Great for Garageband and Logic Remote.

And streaming Netflix. :oops:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:15 pm I am getting one of the 2019 iPad Airs. Great for Garageband and Logic Remote.

:hihi:

SLiC wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:28 pm

Funny you should ask, I haven't put them on yet, but I have taken out a bunch of MI modules (to put in a B Neutron ;-)) and am going to list them if you are interested....Clouds, Frames, Shelves (with expander) and Grids- all original box, instructions and toy!
Thanks for reply...

So, let me understand...
You are selling these legendary MI modules to make room for a Neutron.. wow..
I have nothing against the Neutron, I have one.. I love it.. it was the first thing I got on my modular journey.. I also thought to rack it.. but 80 hp, I look at my rig... nah, all staying.. Neuty sits by it's lonesome but very much connected. ;)

Clouds.. such a great unit.. loved using it in VCV rack in 2018 before I got into Real H/W but my direction is along the lines of more trad synth instruments.. trying to emulate a Stevio type rig...

Which brings me to Grids... I might have an interest in that module.

Any sophisticated super duper but going cheap quantisers ???
I just have the Doepher A156 at the moment... damn the good ones are expensive. :roll:

Bombadil wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:15 pm I am getting one of the 2019 iPad Airs. Great for Garageband and Logic Remote.

Nice! Looking forward to hearing some music from...

Wait...

:hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”