my Roli Seaboard RISE no longer sends polyphonic aftertouch.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can confirm this using midi monitor. And in Dashboard, the presets keep reverting back to channel pressure. But even when the selection says Poly Aftertouch, Channel Pressure is sent instead. Is this a bug? I know Dashboard is buggy, but it seems to bug out what the keyboard sends too. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for any clues on this.

Greg

O and another thing, if you enter a new CC value in Dashboard for say Slide CC, it reverts the number back to the default value 74, but does change it in all the other presets and when you switch to another preset and back, it has the correct value. And changing a value in any preset changes the value in all presets. I thought the presets were supposed to be discreet. So buggy that it's nearly unusable. I have to keep dashboard open while I'm working or the values will revert on their own.

Can anyone else confirm this is buggy? I have written Roli about this issue but it seems like their support is sluggish these days...

Roli Seaboard RISE 49
Dashboard 4.40
Firmware 1.18
OSX 11.1 (Big Sur)

Also, I just noticed that Dashboard pedal CC for the sustain or expression pedal only sends CC64 no matter what you set it to.

Have you also checked with Roli about whether Dashboard etc are Big Sur compatible? Can you check on another computer/OS?

rACatkvr wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:10 am Have you also checked with Roli about whether Dashboard etc are Big Sur compatible? Can you check on another computer/OS?
Yes, thanks, this is what they announced on the site:
"We're pleased to announce that all ROLI software products can be installed and run on macOS 11 Big Sur without any known issues."

It's the same issue on Catalina. ROLI Dashboard v4.4.0 they just released on the 19th is totally fried. My Seaboard RISE has been a brick for the past week. Here are all the issues I ran into which from the support ticket I sent ROLI last weekend and haven't had a response to yet.
-----
I am running into several issues with the latest 4.4.0 version of Dashboard that was just released with my Roli Seaboard Rise 25.

1. When I change the glide/slide/press sliders on the Seaboard the changes are no longer reflecting in the dashboard app.

2. The control input CCs on all of my modes reverted to their default CCs. I have attempted to change and save them again, even saving as new modes, but the CCs always revert to default. And the CCs never change on the seaboard.

3. I am also unable to change Octave, Slide CC and Transpose settings from the Dashboard. It appears most setting changes no longer save when selecting save and even save as.

I have attempted a number of things to troubleshoot and correct. I completely uninstalled/reinstalled the dashboard app, I reset the Seaboard to it's default settings and finally performed a manual firmware update.

In the meantime can you please point me to the previous functioning version of Dashboard.
-----

So yeah guess they wanted a brick to go with their block.

inz1ek wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:25 pm It's the same issue on Catalina. ROLI Dashboard v4.4.0 they just released on the 19th is totally fried. My Seaboard RISE has been a brick for the past week. Here are all the issues I ran into which from the support ticket I sent ROLI last weekend and haven't had a response to yet.
-----
I am running into several issues with the latest 4.4.0 version of Dashboard that was just released with my Roli Seaboard Rise 25.

1. When I change the glide/slide/press sliders on the Seaboard the changes are no longer reflecting in the dashboard app.

2. The control input CCs on all of my modes reverted to their default CCs. I have attempted to change and save them again, even saving as new modes, but the CCs always revert to default. And the CCs never change on the seaboard.

3. I am also unable to change Octave, Slide CC and Transpose settings from the Dashboard. It appears most setting changes no longer save when selecting save and even save as.

I have attempted a number of things to troubleshoot and correct. I completely uninstalled/reinstalled the dashboard app, I reset the Seaboard to it's default settings and finally performed a manual firmware update.

In the meantime can you please point me to the previous functioning version of Dashboard.
-----

So yeah guess they wanted a brick to go with their block.
I'm getting the exact same issues. And also the pedal CC values revert and I can't manually assign it.

And I also tried everything I could think of including manually re-installing the firmware. Guess I'm convinced it's not my keyboard and Dashboard sending the wrong data. Dashboard is pretty useable and that makes my keyboard unreliable. I put in a couple tickets and heard back that they will be in touch soon and that they are working on a giant backlog of tickets due to being delayed cause of covid. Hope to hear something soon. I couldn't find any earlier downloadable versions.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Here is the previous version of ROLI Dashboard I finally got them to send me.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-aKtSC ... sp=sharing (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-aKtSCJp_qGgew7dw_mdw6az59NcBvA3/view?usp=sharing)

inz1ek wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:58 pm Here is the previous version of ROLI Dashboard I finally got them to send me.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-aKtSC ... sp=sharing
thanks a lot! I have yet to hear back from them.

I had to bug them on social a bit to get a reply. Support said "We're not aware of any changes to ROLI Dashboard that should have caused anything like this issue, but while we investigate please find attached an installer for ROLI Dashboard 4.2.1".

I was playing my Prophet Rev 2 with the Seaboard Rise yesterday and noticed that using the octave shift buttons on the Rise somehow massively altered the sound of the patch on the Rev 2. Even when I used the octave shift on the Rev 2 to get it back within the same range as before and played on the Rev 2's own keyboard, the sound of the patch was completely different and I was unable to restore it to its original state by performing any obvious tweaks.

inz1ek wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:58 pm Here is the previous version of ROLI Dashboard I finally got them to send me.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-aKtSC ... sp=sharing
Thank you for posting this! I'm using this now. What a relief. My settings stick and the assignments are accurate again. And as long as I save the preset, other preset changes don't alter my current preset setting. I'm curious how it could be so screwed up and Roli not know about it?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”