My first hardware synth: need some help

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You might need more than just the Cloudlifter. I have one that didn't provide enough clean gain before adding additional gain in the interface. Once you start turning up the gain on the interface, you start to introduce noise (which might not be a problem if recording in a quiet space).

There are lots of options, including from Shure. One of them that I'm looking at a bit more because of its portability is the X2U. It adds 40db of gain, but as I don't own it, I couldn't tell you if that's the same as dialing up the gain on the interface or not.

And just in case... Shure MV7 seems to be a mash-up of the SM7B and their M7 interface. Again, I couldn't say for sure how well it holds up to the SM7B.

elxsound wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:03 am
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:35 pm i recently grabbed a focusrite 18/20 im very happy with :tu:
has 8 inputs, so plenty for you :)

(can go up to 18 with an expander too)

although, you wont be doing radio/podcast and synths at the same time, so do you really need more?
Good taste! I grabbed mine last year January. Damn, that seems so long ago!

i had an older 8i6o i think? for many years, was only when my old puter died just before xmas, that i found out it didn't work on win10 so had to spend even more money the week or two before xmas :cry:
then the night my pc arrived, dropped my phone :cry:

xmas almost paid for now, new stuff coming soon hopefully!!! :where:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”