Hyperion

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm a newbie with Hyperion, so I have to learn a lot about it.

Is it possible, that Hyperion gets the input keys as a chord?

I mean as an arpeggiator, it uses the pressed notes?
I know that I can transpose the system with MIDI keys, but I think it handles only one key, but of course it's OK for transposing.

But if it used chords, it would be awesome.

thx,

try an arpeggiator. hyperion is more of a midi generator than a midi effect.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:try an arpeggiator. hyperion is more of a midi generator than a midi effect.
Yes, and i wish you would release anytime soon an arpegiator (dead easy and simple to use, but with a twist as usual, as a Xoxos trademark ;) )
Liek the usual suspect arp, but with some random features here and there...
... I still have your good old "arp4midi" on my HD :D

i made more money off midi plugins than anything else by far, the thing is that, beyond a few minor points, i'm fairly happy with the existing apps as they are. i think i've used arpeggiation three times in the last fifteen years, so it's not something i can validate for myself. from the few arps i've used, the only thing i could offer is snappnig to key, and for god's sakes, i hope *someone* else has implemented this by 2010!

you're probably going to see more synthesizers, effects and models from me for a while. for one thing, making an arp (especially polyphonic) would mean cracking midi in the steinberg vst sdk, and i've only coded midi once, and learning sdks is, from my perspective, like threading a needle in a room with no lights except you don't know where the 2" thread or the needle are and the room is packed with clutter.. so maybe someday, not in the near future :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Hi, Fair enough ;)

xoxos wrote:try an arpeggiator. hyperion is more of a midi generator than a midi effect.
Well, I think I was not clear enough.
Hyperion is cool, and I don't want a redesign of it.
Just I thought that one little modification would be cool, let me explain.

Currently Hyperion generates notes in it's own way, which is awesome.

The notes are restricted to a scale which can be chosen with the scale and root note controls.
But using the same scale and root note, or automating them with host automation is not the best.

But if the scale would be generated from the pressed notes, well this would be awesome!

Just imagine you have a tune, where Hyperion plays the melody. You can change the tonality just playing the chords which fits into your track section, you ca also record the pressed chord notes. Then you can extend the poliphony of the chords upwards to create a denser scale, and Hyperion would follow it, and extend the played note range.

So the key would be just determining the scale from the pressed notes.

Anyway thanks for the response!

lunatic wrote: But using the same scale and root note, or automating them with host automation is not the best.

But if the scale would be generated from the pressed notes, well this would be awesome!

aah - to the left of the 'pitch floor' control you will see a button 'keyboard - note' -

if you turn this option on, the midi note you play will do what you are asking here, allowing you to transpose the sequence with the keyboard :)

xoxos wrote:
lunatic wrote: But using the same scale and root note, or automating them with host automation is not the best.

aah - to the left of the 'pitch floor' control you will see a button 'keyboard - note' -

if you turn this option on, the midi note you play will do what you are asking here, allowing you to transpose the sequence with the keyboard :)
Well, I know and used this function, but what I say is the following:
For example I play a CM7 on the keyboard cause it fits the actual tonality in my song.
This means that Hyperion would dynamically create a "scale" with the 4 pressed notes.
The operation of Hyperion wouldn't change at all, except that it uses the notes from the pressed key notes.
With this functionality, the users would be able to change "scale" anytime just with the MIDI keyboard, and you don't need to change the overall operation of Hyperion.
You have to change/modify only the scale, which "restricts" the played notes.

The transpose function use only one pressed key, which sets the root or starting note of the note generation, doesn't it?

Thanks for your patience, maybe my poor English makes harder to understand what I mean!

cheers,

Attila

you see, the thing is that using the synthedit sdk the polyphony engine is pretty much removed from me, so that i am not able to integrate polyphonic data into a unified procedure. that's why it only has a one note control functionality :)

it's going to be a while before i'm comfortable with steinberg's sdk. see 4th message in this thread :)

xoxos wrote:you see, the thing is that using the synthedit sdk the polyphony engine is pretty much removed from me, so that i am not able to integrate polyphonic data into a unified procedure. that's why it only has a one note control functionality :)

it's going to be a while before i'm comfortable with steinberg's sdk. see 4th message in this thread :)
Okay, good plans! :)
I'm sure that will be a huge jump for you, keep up the good work!

Thanks again!

Return to “xoxos”