Helix waveshapers

Official support for: audjoo.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you manipulate the waveshaping controls in realtime (ie while performing) in the full version of Helix? I'm finding in the beta I have installed (not sure if it's the latest one or not) when I try and do this I just get lots of cpu spiking and nasty noises but it would be so nice to be able to like you can in say Z3ta.

Also are the filters less steppy in the full version?

It has a wonderful sound but I would like to be able to manipulate stuff like this in realtime if possible.

aMUSEd wrote:Can you manipulate the waveshaping controls in realtime (ie while performing) in the full version of Helix? I'm finding in the beta I have installed (not sure if it's the latest one or not) when I try and do this I just get lots of cpu spiking and nasty noises but it would be so nice to be able to like you can in say Z3ta.

It has a wonderful sound but I would like to be able to manipulate stuff like this in realtime if possible.
Hi, the waveshape controls are not suitable for realtime control. This is the flipside of the low-cpu-coin... the idea is that yuo should use the "morph" to morph between the "a" and "b" settings of the sliders... give that a try!

You could not modulate the waveshape in z3ta could you?

I don't think the filters are "steppy" in the full version. If you install and try the latest version (look at audjoo.com) it should all sound like the full version except for the occasional noise and de-tuning.

Jonas

I'd like to see a real time waveshaping too, altough it would use more CPU. Waveshaping via mod matrix would be very nice and would make this synth unique.

JonasNorberg wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Can you manipulate the waveshaping controls in realtime (ie while performing) in the full version of Helix? I'm finding in the beta I have installed (not sure if it's the latest one or not) when I try and do this I just get lots of cpu spiking and nasty noises but it would be so nice to be able to like you can in say Z3ta.

Hi, the waveshape controls are not suitable for realtime control. This is the flipside of the low-cpu-coin... the idea is that yuo should use the "morph" to morph between the "a" and "b" settings of the sliders... give that a try!

You could not modulate the waveshape in z3ta could you?
You can certainly manipulate the waveshaper controls while playing and even record it using VST automation. They are not as comprehensive as those in Helix of course but many of them are comparable in function which shows it is possible.

I have been using the morph controls - that is useful. I was trying to create a Kore template so I could manipulate controls hands on while playing though but I think what I will have to do is construct it on 2 levels - controls for realtime manipulation during performance, and controls suited to offline manipulation for sound design.

The filter is still pretty "steppy" when you manipulate it using anything but the mod matrix.
I will have to do is construct it on 2 levels - controls for realtime manipulation during performance, and controls suited to offline manipulation for sound design.
Sounds like a good idea - would be fantastic to alter those controls in realtime without loosing the cpu efficient mode.

OK I am trying the demo now. I'm sorry but the filters still seem very steppy to me - especially with the res cranked up. That's a real pity as the oscs themselves are great and quite innovative.

Try modulating them with some of the matrix parameters - they work well that way.

Why would I do that? I prefer to use my hands (in this case probably with NI Kore's knobs)

aMUSEd wrote:Why would I do that? I prefer to use my hands (in this case probably with NI Kore's knobs)
Yeah, though you'd probably be better off with mapping a CC or something on the matrix to map a CC of your Kore controller's knobs...or are they 'special' in particular? (I don't own Kore.)

aMUSEd wrote:Why would I do that? I prefer to use my hands (in this case probably with NI Kore's knobs)
I normally map stuff to the mod wheel, or any other cc-thing, I prefer that to using my mouse... My thinking was that if you use automation, you get instant control.. no smoothing, it you use the mod matrix you get some smoothing...

Return to “Audjoo”