helix sfz support

Official support for: audjoo.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

which opcodes are supported by helix? is it basic 1.0 level of sfz, or? is it something more specific where features x, y, z and i were implemented but j, l, and m aren't, and so on?

also are there any limitations on sample sizes or such for memory purposes in helix with sfz files?

grymmjack wrote:which opcodes are supported by helix? is it basic 1.0 level of sfz, or? is it something more specific where features x, y, z and i were implemented but j, l, and m aren't, and so on?

also are there any limitations on sample sizes or such for memory purposes in helix with sfz files?
What is supported are the simplest features. Basically what the included sfz-files uses.

The samples are all loaded to memory (no streaming) and stored as 2x oversampled 32bit-float internally so prepare to set aside a lot of memory for any big sample-sets.

JonasNorberg wrote:
grymmjack wrote:which opcodes are supported by helix? is it basic 1.0 level of sfz, or? is it something more specific where features x, y, z and i were implemented but j, l, and m aren't, and so on?

What is supported are the simplest features. Basically what the included sfz-files uses.

The samples are all loaded to memory (no streaming) and stored as 2x oversampled 32bit-float internally so prepare to set aside a lot of memory for any big sample-sets.

I didn't try yet, but does it mean that the memory consumption is the same either with wav samples or OGG samples? In other words, does the rompler uncompress the ogg samples?

Sounduke wrote:I didn't try yet, but does it mean that the memory consumption is the same either with wav samples or OGG samples? In other words, does the rompler uncompress the ogg samples?
Yes, you're right. The ogg support is mostly to save bandwith for the trial-download, also making it easier/faster to move samples on flash-drives or emails.

Return to “Audjoo”