What's the difference between MAutoEqualizer and MAutoDynamicEQ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wondering whats the difference between MAutoEqualizer and MAutoDynamicEQ?

MAutoDynamicEQ is the cheaper one and has dynamics.

I want to work with EQ snapshots more and it seems MAutoDynamicEQ can do what MAutoEqualizer does in that department. I would use MAutoDynamicEQ on the master channel.

Thanks

Well, the difference is the linear-phase version. MAutoEqualizer provides a very very good linear-phase algorithm. That may be necessary for some specific mastering tasks. However if you are not a fan of linear-phase processing, then MAutoDynamicEq is definitely better as it has the dynamic engine (plus quite some goodies such as modulators, global HP/LP etc...).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks for your answer.
I'm surprised though by the price difference, MAutoEqualizer is nearly 2/3rds more expensive than MAutoDynamicEQ. Only for linear-phase?..

zeep wrote:Thanks for your answer.
I'm surprised though by the price difference, MAutoEqualizer is nearly 2/3rds more expensive than MAutoDynamicEQ. Only for linear-phase?..
Yes! HQ linear-phase equalizers are very expensive!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:
zeep wrote:Thanks for your answer.
Yes! HQ linear-phase equalizers are very expensive!
Melda. Am trying demo of mautoequalizer, i am amazed about result when using saturation on the eq, everything that i boost gets much more prominent than without for same volume when used on claps and snares. Except that i know fabfilter pro q2 is a monster easy to use eq and a little less mouse clicks. I am just curious what you would say in favor getting your eq insteed of fabfilters?
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Thank you. First of all they sound different... whether you like that one or the another one is entirely up to you. Our plugins are generally the most versatile ones - for instance, the sonogram/analyzer (check the analyzer settings too), areas, separate feature, AGC, limiter, A-H presets, resizable/stylable GUI etc... Well, I have nothing against FF plugins, but when it comes to versatility & features there's no match for MeldaProduction ;).
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Thank you. First of all they sound different... whether you like that one or the another one is entirely up to you. Our plugins are generally the most versatile ones - for instance, the sonogram/analyzer (check the analyzer settings too), areas, separate feature, AGC, limiter, A-H presets, resizable/stylable GUI etc... Well, I have nothing against FF plugins, but when it comes to versatility & features there's no match for MeldaProduction ;).
Is it possible to drag cut lower then 20 hz? because using 120db i notice that it cuts a little before 20 hz i would love to cut at 30 or 20 but the cut seems to start earlier or what i hear.
Second question, for mixing, which one would you recommend, autoequalizer or autodynamic?
In what situation would you favour them and what can they do that are the same?
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

No cuts below I'm afraid. Don't worry about the frequencies closely above it, these are not audible anyway and you need superhuge reproductors to play them, so removing a few dB is completely irrelevant.

I personally recommend MAutoDynamicEq for everything. But if you need/like linear-phase processing, then MAutoEqualizer is the answer ;). Generally MAutoDynamicEq knows pretty much everything anyone could ask for plus a lot more and has newer filters, but it is not linear-phase.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”