MIND CONTROL - Your sample libraries just got a mind of their own

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sample libraries are like scarecrows. Especially like the one from the Land of Oz, which was on a book-long quest for a brain. Have you ever wondered what sample libraries would be like with a mind of their own?

Wonder no more--this is now possible with Orange Tree Samples' new product, MIND CONTROL!

MIND CONTROL lets you play the Wizard of Oz, designing intelligence for your once brain-less sample libraries. It's not only compatible with all Orange Tree Samples sample libraries, but with 3rd party sample libraries as well.

MIND CONTROL is available now for KONTAKT 4 only. Visit the MIND CONTROL product page for details on how it works, a demonstration video, and to order your copy.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! I can't visit the site!

First, sample libraries cannot have minds, that's just rather less mindful advertising speak. But what if I am wrong here? Well, ... second, I am not sure if I would like to have my libraries having "a mind of their own", because who says that they would behave the way I expect them to? Third, how is a mind "of their own" related to the fact that I have to design it and that the program is called MIND CONTROL?

So, after all, it appears it's not completely their "own" "mind", I guess? :hihi:

Sorry, just making fun because your website dosesn't load, so I had some free time to think about ill analogies... won't happen again :wink:

Any chance of making this group based?
Andy is a support ninja.

uselessmind wrote:Any chance of making this group based?
That was another idea I had for the future--to make it either group-based or also channel based, so you not only can switch between libraries, but have layerings as well.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Mattiiiii wrote:First, sample libraries cannot have minds, that's just rather less mindful advertising speak. But what if I am wrong here? Well, ... second, I am not sure if I would like to have my libraries having "a mind of their own", because who says that they would behave the way I expect them to? Third, how is a mind "of their own" related to the fact that I have to design it and that the program is called MIND CONTROL?

So, after all, it appears it's not completely their "own" "mind", I guess? :hihi:

Sorry, just making fun because your website dosesn't load, so I had some free time to think about ill analogies... won't happen again :wink:
Hahahah, well, at least you get to control what sort of mind they get. We have to make sure they don't have the power to take over the world, after all... :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Does Mindcontrol work with 64-bit Kontact? Thanks.

Look like a great tool and addition to Kontakt 4!

www.myspace.com/paulunderwood83

dmbaer wrote:Does Mindcontrol work with 64-bit Kontact? Thanks.
It should work fine, as long as it's KONTAKT 4.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hmmm, another now thinking of ugrading to K4, this looks really interesting!
Don

Orange Tree Samples has just released a new version of MIND CONTROL! All new orders of MIND CONTROL will receive the updated version. I also just sent all current owners of MIND CONTROL an email with the download link for the update--if you haven't received the email, please contact me.

Here is a list of the improvements:

- New conditions: Aftertouch, Program Change, Last Speed, Last Duration, Cycle, Interval, Polyphony, Last Slot, Last Layer
- Conditions are better organized on the list.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Here's another video for MIND CONTROL, showing some of its new conditions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFYyYWZrYk

As you can see, it now has a real-time MIDI learn for controller ranges, pitch bend ranges, and other parameters. Let me know if you have any suggestions that you'd like to see in the next update!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I yesterday got mind control and I must say this is great. I now have a similar functionality inside Kontakt as the Vienna Instruments provide.

cheers and thanks, akj

You're welcome! I'm working on the next update, which will have some cool new stuff:

- Layers monophonic / polyphonic (if you want layers to be played simultaneously when conditions are met for more than one)
- Import / export preset (that way you can save your settings into a distributable NKI file)
- Instrument Bank / Multi mode
- Condition groups ON/OFF (basically if you want to use operators)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi, Greg -

This looks great!

A feature request - crossfading between layers :love:

Even more snazzy, per layer volume control based on the conditions. e.g. layer 1 would play at its normal volume, and layer 2 at -0 to -9db depending on the cc change. :shock:

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”