In Tongues - V-Synth patch demo 1

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been cooking up some home grown patches on my V-Synth and thought it was time to maybe share some if anyone's interested. Not ready fully yet but I thought I'd test the waters by posting some tracks made with some of the sounds over the next week or so.

First one.

Anyone know Sheila Chandra's wonderful album "Weaving together our ancestor's voices"? This piece isn't exactly based on that but is inspired by the album's central premise - that there is an underlying unity between all Indo-European musical traditions whether Indian, Spanish, Kurdish or Hungarian. The patch this piece uses (only one) is made of two layered samples of vocal performers - one Indian and one Hungarian (from a sample of Dorumalia's) and makes extensive use of V-Synth's granular pitch shifting and D-beams to create a swirling and sensuous sound:

In Tongues

This sounds really cool! Would you mind sending me the patch? I've been working on a bank of my own but it has so far focused on the looping capabilities. I'd really be interested in disecting this sound to get a better idea of how to make this kind of patch.

I will post some soon but I need to know how to make sure they include the sample referenced by the patch - do you know? Is there a way of bundling them like they have the the third party patches on Roland's site? This only has one additional sample - the other is already in the V-Synth.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sounds completely awesome!

I think you can do it with the patch librarian but I'll have to check. If nothing else, I'll ask the Sinevibes guy.

Sounds really, really good. I'm lusting after a V-synth. So you have the original keyboard? I was thinking about getting the desktop XT, but I guess I'd miss out on D-Beams with that... Then there is the GT - but I'm not sure I have $3k to spare for some time.

Jeremy_NSL wrote:Sounds really, really good. I'm lusting after a V-synth. So you have the original keyboard? I was thinking about getting the desktop XT, but I guess I'd miss out on D-Beams with that... Then there is the GT - but I'm not sure I have $3k to spare for some time.
All I can say is, if sound design is your thing get a V-Synth. If you can afford a GT get the original keyboard version. I have the original V and plan on getting an XT in the next year to supplement it. They are amazingly well designed and just beg to be tweaked.

Yeah I have the original though with the updated v2 OS.

Return to “Music Cafe”