Three Jars of Nothing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a little demo here...imagine the organ solo in a surf guitar stylee with tremelo picking on all the sustained notes and you'll enjoy it more. My strat was screwed up when I was working on this so I just concentrated on getting a decent form happening, hoping to eventually redo it all on guitar. Then reality stepped in and I've had no time to do it right.

This is definitely a demo. I'm almost self conscious about posting anything anymore because it's always about the mix and not about the idea anymore it seems. Somebody might like it, though.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/40u8ijg663.mp3

I think its all about the mix because we are all trying to learn here... I mean, I am sure we all totally appreciate the ideas and music of everybody on this web board...

but I do not think anybody here has the place to scrutinize an idea the way we do a mix.

and when I ideas are great. I do read many compliments.

with that said, I really liked your track... a nice escape from my small town boredom... least to say, I do not think you have anything to be self conscious of, musically

thanks

Kat

Shane Sanders wrote: I'm almost self conscious about posting anything anymore because it's always about the mix and not about the idea anymore it seems.
well if you're gonna post music here I think you gotta be prepared to accept whatever comments people want to write. I'm personally happy to take all critiques...good, bad, about the mix or whatever. Seems you're handicapping yourself (and your audience) with that stance.
Also people generally want to hear a finished project rather than "oh here's some sketch I'm working on. I may finish it eventually but I've run out of time and inspiration at the moment so I'm posting it anyway"

Anyway, that said, there are some good ideas here for a a surf-rock type instrumental. And yes, the mix does need work. The guitar sounds could be mellower. I don't like the unrealistic rimshot. But the little melodic themes and guitar riffs are nice - the gated sustain is a neat effect.

I ~like how this forum allows people to present material w/o the finality/refinement.. eg. remco communicates ideas/transitory experience more than product. shane always has nicely worked idears. he's dreamy </bunnyhopper> nice synth tone contrasts guitar.

that said, imo these laptop guitarists are always welcome to experiment with native, living (eg. synth) percussion instead of unbreathing exquisite corpse nature samples :hihi:

surprised you don't own a kit really.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I like the style. There are plenty of good ideas here and, apart from being a bit 'fragmented' (I mean it chops and changes a lot, you could extend each section that you've got here and have a full track before you know it [imo]), it sounds alright here.
The guitar's good as well. I don't really like that ongoing rimshot though. Gets a bit irritating after a few listens. :wink:

:D

I used this to test another cable clean up...I loved it, sounded great. I love the bass. In several places I noticed that the bass and the timing there of to really compliment the fine guitar playing and the guitar tone. There was a tremolo thing at the begining I found to be a bit distracting. I also like the transition into the synths. :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Shane, what organ solo?

I have a Vox Continental, a spare hour, and 10 digits at your disposal! :)

clueless wrote:Shane, what organ solo?

I have a Vox Continental, a spare hour, and 10 digits at your disposal! :)
As usual I forgot to subscribe to my own thread and didn't see this until now. If you want a version without the synthy-organ solo in it, I can cook that up. Might be this weekend, though. PM me if ya need it.

-S

Return to “Music Cafe”