Drone: synaptic shout over trackless waste

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not on the music PC right now, so this is from memory:

1. Opening drone is Oatmeal on one of those randomised presets. I can share the preset off my website later tonight.

2. Low arps are Feldspar

3. I think the metallic flanged pad is Bini from this years developers challenge

4. The later pad after the metallic one is Cygnus, I believe.

5. The lead is a ever so slightly modified patch (modified from default bank) in Glen Stegner's Minimogue VA

6. The galactic bug sounds are from xoxos' synsect, one of his synths in his Sounds of Nature pack

7. The tweety bird sounds are from xoxos' oscine tract synth; again from his sounds of nature pack - winner of this years Developer Challenge

8. Just about everything is effected to some extent through a simple chain of Bionic Delay (interruptor.ch) into Ariesverb on it's "Temple of the Ancients" preset. FYI - this is the not-so-secret Eno'fier combination that I have a bad habit of using on way too much stuff. Sometimes I'll put a filter in front of it like Frohmage.

That's all I can remember right now.

-Scott

8) Thanks for the details! A few more things to look at.

I always forget how good Minimogue VA is (so many VSTi, so little time). I often use Triangle I for similar sounds, but I've got a song now that needs something along these lines and I'm not quite getting it, so Minimogue VA might do it.

nice track !
afa I'm concerned, the lead part isn't even necessary; but that's because I like drones, I suppose :-)

& thanks for the details too

this was very nice indeed. I found the length perfect, since I have a particularly short attention span. I stayed right in the zone. It's like putting a nice fuzzy warm hat on my bald head (seriously ;)).
ModuLR / Radio

ModuLR wrote:this was very nice indeed. I found the length perfect, since I have a particularly short attention span. I stayed right in the zone. It's like putting a nice fuzzy warm hat on my bald head (seriously ;)).
Mod - that's a far cry from the human beat box experiment rack that I showed you a couple years ago isn't it!

Thanks for the listen and comments.

Scott- thanks for this. I d'ld it yesterday and this is the perfect music to hear before sleep. emdot asked the questions that I was gonna...and you've already answerd'em so all I have to say is ....wow. That vibe really takes me back to why I started making electronic music in the first place: because (when all the planets align right :wink: ...) one can sculpt sound in such a way that you can transport and illustrate very strange environs very precisely. this one is the perfect example of that: ambishot = soundtrack for my 12/21/07 before sleepy time head movie.
maybe I'm not making sense? :oops:
All is meant completely as a compliment, Sir :tu:

That was vast and dreamy... really enjoyed it! 8)
Image Image

Very kool peace, rockstar_not. I liked the leads. Minimogue is a great one for noodling around. cheers :D
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

great atmosphere, loved the "cricket" sound, <grin>

liqih wrote:great atmosphere, loved the "cricket" sound, <grin>
I agree! I like ambient, but not so much drones... and I had a payoff at the end! The moog was a really nice touch for me.

Hey thanks for the nice comments.

I don't know if this is truly considered 'drone' music, or what, but I edited the title to include 'drone' because that seemed to be getting more comments in recent songs in the cafe.

This one went over 176 views without a single comment, down in the middle of page 2 before someone commented the first time - and that was after I added the 'drone' to the title.

So it seems like the verdict on the lead stuff at the end is that it's fine and a nice surprise to finish things off.

I liked it, but I wanted to hear if it did the same for others.

-Scott

Return to “Music Cafe”