3am - duz this beat sound pro yet (or not)? lol

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice track Justin. The drums are spot on. Great sounds, great rhythm.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to ya on this, my friend, I have been a little overwhelmed lately.

This is total...

Image.

Great stuff. That beat just ass kicks and takes names from the moment the first thud drops.
You have a special skill for randomly humanized rhythmechanical (yeah, i made that one up, but it really fits) movement that I highly covet. The mix never offends my ear once and yet is so chaotic in spots. You are also good at using the silences as drum sounds in their own right. Something I should also learn.

This beat smokes.

Thanks VAM!

You know Jazzy, I have a "spoon" that looks just like that. It won't stand up liked that but it says LBC on the front :hihi: Still, I prefer a joint or the binger... or the Volcano 5000 drooool. We only use the small pipes at concerts and at my parents house. :)

Thanks for listening.

I have a professional glass blower that makes these 'spoons' for me. She blows glass to my music and sends me the results every few months (it's not all spoons though, sometimes it's candle holders, sculpture, etc.). This is one of the ones I got for Christmas this last year and I think its a work of art. I have never actually met the girl though, but she is a dedicated listener, for sure.
Lisa (of Water Fae) just bought the Volcano last week - rehearsals have been interesting.

You can probably guess what I think about this track. :love: I still can't wrap my head around how much control you have over the glitches. Did I read correctly that this one is all hand edited? (no numerology?) :o
ModuLR / Radio

ModuLR wrote:You can probably guess what I think about this track. :love: I still can't wrap my head around how much control you have over the glitches. Did I read correctly that this one is all hand edited? (no numerology?) :o
No Numerology on this one, just hand drawn curves, complex envelopes and edits at 128th not resolution. Thanks for stopping by Mod :)

justin3am wrote:
ModuLR wrote:You can probably guess what I think about this track. :love: I still can't wrap my head around how much control you have over the glitches. Did I read correctly that this one is all hand edited? (no numerology?) :o
No Numerology on this one, just hand drawn curves, complex envelopes and edits at 128th not resolution. Thanks for stopping by Mod :)
[sarcasm on]No kidding.[/sarcasm off] It's exquisitely obvious.

I told you over the phone some of my thoughts about this song, and you were certainly right that it's my favorite song of yours, EVAR. And that's a hard peak to hit my friend. I think I'll have to write an essay about it.

yes. yes it does sound very pro, you silly silly man :roll:
I DO SOOOO love this flavor, Justin! 8)
this will be played too loud in the car asap :hihi:

I LOVE this track! It totally reminds me of my favorite SNOG track. It's called "The Last Diamond (Xingu Hill Slices the Soft Earth)" from "Relax into the Abyss". Hopefully you take that as a compliment. If you haven't heard that song, you absolutely have to.

Great job with the sub freqs! I have this Infinity SSW-212 sub, and that song lit it up, and without sounding overboard, which as I am sure you know can be easy to do.

Awesome tune!

I know that song... in fact I helped a friend remix SNOG's song "King of Hate"! SNOG rule, they opened for my friends band, Annodaleb. Thanks for listening!

ill check this out at home

that's just wrong dude

Yeah, but I don't wanna be right!

it's interesting.

rhythmically it is. 'it's interesting' is usually a nice way of saying, 'I don't get it'.

Think of it this way... it's my version of Coil (or Throbbing Gristle, or Einstuerzende Nuebauten) jam session except it's just one person jamming out to one part after another and rather than actually being played it's assembled. Essentially I'm taking away the very essence of jamming and just playing off my fascination of these kind of sounds. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”