Reflections - remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I finally got around to picking up on the suggestions people made - about 6 months ago :-o

Here is the remix. There are some subtle changes, rebalancing, timing tweaks, and I've brought the flute back in at the very end.

Hope you like the changes.

Reflections - ogg
Reflections - mp3
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

A beautiful tune, my friend.
Enough variations in the instrumentation and themes to keep the interest through to the end.
Amazing what can be done with that 'magical' synth of yours.
:wink:
James
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

this is wonderful. really well done. i like it!

Thanks Folderol, it's really nice.. very pretty at the beginning especially

:tu:

Thanks a lot guys. I'm glad you like it

@offthewall
I must confess, the flute part is a soundfont. All the rest is Zyn. of course :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

This is an excellent track, it was certainly worth the effort of reworking it
Great atmosphere, I almost touch it

:tu:

Cheers

offthewall wrote:A beautiful tune, my friend.
Enough variations in the instrumentation and themes to keep the interest through to the end.
Amazing what can be done with that 'magical' synth of yours.
:wink:
James
which synth is that ?

Very nice, and impressive synth work! (though might I say the string patch could be a bit more "conservative").

I could imagine this being from a role playing video game in a medieval fantasy setting. There are alot of themes in there that could fit well in farms, temples, out on the trail looking for the next dungeon, or the happy end when the hero rescues the poor maiden and falls in love :hihi:
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

@laguna rising
I think it was you who suggested the return of the flute at the end, so I'm particularly glad you like the final result.

@ocmtime
The synth is ZynAddSubFX. I am convinced this synth is female for the following reasons:

1) It steals away your hours :(
2) It can throw a massive hissy fit for no discernible reason :-o
3) Oh but what joy it brings :D

@Chris Walton
Thanks. Glad you like it. The strings were a major headache. I thought I'd got it right :roll:
I never though of this as a sound track for an RPG, but must admit it would fit. The start, in particular has a very pastoral feel.

Hmmm, any RPG writers around?

folderol wrote:Hmmm, any RPG writers around?
Well, I do make games for a living ... :hihi:
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

Chris Walton wrote:
folderol wrote:Hmmm, any RPG writers around?
Well, I do make games for a living ... :hihi:
That's rather interesting :D

Very romantic and filmish
I imagined :

My little pony's.
Rainbows.
Sloping meadows.
Teddy bears.
Vannille ice mountains in the distance.
Blue Raspberry Candy Stick Trees.
Fluffy marsh mellow clouds.

So you wonder. Is it to sweet?
Yes. Like it supposed to ;)

Thanks for the music

the orchestra's volume in the middle of the song maybe is too loud. some transitional parts need to be remade more naturally.
To be or not to be, it's not a question.

Thanks ET. I'm OK with everything except the 'My Little Ponys' :D

Hmmm. I had thought the string section was about right. However I've tweaked the start and finish of this section so it blends better. It would be difficult to lower the voume overall without also flattening the dynamics, which is something I very much want to retain.

I've found a much better soundfont for the main flute, and this is also in the latest version (just completed today).

So once again, comments are welcome.

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Reflections_Mix3.ogg

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Reflections_Mix3.mp3

much better and comfortable
To be or not to be, it's not a question.

Return to “Music Cafe”