a tortured guitar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wrend

Guitar with ebow, drum stick and metal filings on the pickups, fed to the modular then through Reaktor, MFM2, Soundtoys and Uhbiks.

having download trouble- only getting the first 0:13. Maybe your server's too busy, will try again later.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

dig the space in the intro that leads to the plunge. how did the filings effect the magnetic field around the pickups?..cool experiment.
I like the way this translates from guitary sound to my old ford starting up..lol.
some of those dives are horrendously good. almost had a groove going around 9:25.
nice out

When the strings really get going the metal filings bridge from the pickup to the string causing the the sound to cut out. It makes a cool sound when it happens, like the string isn't seated in the bridge right almost.

Thanks for listening.

Very original and uncommon sound source :)
The result is appreciable, cool sounds, weird stuff - interesting

Cheers

Interesting. There's certainly an emotional effect from this, especially since most of the sounds move from semi-integrated or almost tonal to chaotic. Like a Pollock painting, it's allover (at least to me), there's no start or finish really; it could loop on and on, as if it existed in space and we just happen to drop in to catch what's going on in particular moment.

jmeier wrote:Interesting. There's certainly an emotional effect from this, especially since most of the sounds move from semi-integrated or almost tonal to chaotic. Like a Pollock painting, it's allover (at least to me), there's no start or finish really; it could loop on and on, as if it existed in space and we just happen to drop in to catch what's going on in particular moment.
Yeah, there is a subtle amount of ring mod that gets less subtle as things get louder making every note slightly atonal. Also there is a comparator which acts as a gate that triggers everything from sample and hold modulation to the record switch on an 8bit sampler. For me the painting, or the beauty of the thing is in the patch, I think that's why it's so nebulous. I think it's tough to really appreciate the sounds if you can't see how they were created. :wink:

This + actually being 3am in the morning = freakout.

God damn Justin! That's like a car wreck happening in slow motion. Incredible sounds. Some of the vocal sounding ones are horrifically disturbing. :clap:
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Some of the vocal sounding ones are horrifically disturbing. :clap:
You're telling me! :scared:

After working on my little 3 minute rock tune for the last 24 hour this is some kind of major whiplash. :-o

Just WoW! .... Did you ever hear Chicago's "Free Form Guitar"? Rumor has it that Hendrix was a Terry Kath fan.

I haven't but I'll check it out. All this experimental guitar stuff is new to me (I'm trying to run before I know how to walk) and so I'd like to hear more stuff like this. More than anything, I'm enjoying playing an instrument without caring what comes out.

Thanks for listening. :)

I'm really injoying this. Like you said, shame we can't watch. :cry:
Those sounds are amazing. I'll enjoy this for sometime after.

Thanks for posting this justin.

PS: Just now as I was saving it, I had the thought to save it to my DAW pc...then I thought...what the hell could "I" possibly do to it! haha
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Yes! It was like Chinese Torture. It was GREAT when it STOPPED ;) Only joking!

One thing I really like about this forum is hearing how creative people can be with products that I already own (for a change). I found your post/MP3 quite inspiring. My own E-Bow, has been dusted off for some future fun activities! Nothing kinky ;) I mean of course, Musical activities ;)

Thanks for the post . . .
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Listening the second time around now.
Maybe it was all the Lustmord and Zero Kama I was just listening to prior to this, but underneath all the chaos, it feels like whatever is behind the wheel doesn't have pure and gentle intentions. :troll:

Your recent stuff stuff has been hitting pretty close with me.

Return to “Music Cafe”