3am - my shitty expression (analog trash blanket)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really interesting work Justin... great space, restraint, sound design and ultimately quite a beautiful and relaxed piece. Love it!

Not that it's the same... but I see Kush is going software at AES.
Image Image

Yes, beautiful. Thank you.
No longer a moderator.

The sounds alone here are awesome, but the track as a whole really blew me away. Nice warm sounding mix imho.

:tu:

Thanks guys. After sleeping on it, I'm pretty happy with how this came out. Thanks for listening.
Thanks for the heads up Matt. I had heard that they were going to do a plug-in but I wasn't sure how far they were in the process.

Listened to it again! I simply love it! You really haven't used to much reverb. I love the constrast of the "wet" ambient sounds and the dry drums.

Cheers
Dennis

Great sounds justin3am ... the track evolves really well while maintaing initial vibe ... love it.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

As others have said, some really great background bits here- not that the foreground is lacking, mind you. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

synthgeek wrote:As others have said, some really great background bits here- not that the foreground is lacking, mind you. :)
I think the background stuff is my favorite part. Particularly the spring reverb swells you hear in the middle section. I'm all about the little details. ;)

Lunatic_Machinist wrote:owls and stuff
If I was starting a band I'd love to use this as a name. :)
Image Image

Moseying through space with a new galactic pal, but saying hasta luego too soon. maybe an shitty expression 2 someday? Enjoyed very much while it lasted, especially that e-piano.

What's the source of the noise under the xylo? Is that the OT too?

Yeah, the noise is part of the xylophone sample. It's compressed so much that my breathing became an audible part of the track. I've gotten in the habit of keeping my ceiling fan or TV on in the background when I record stuff. It adds some interesting textures when I heavily process the recordings later.

Definitely one of the best things I've heard you do. This is going to be on my playlist for a while - definitely too short though :)

fascinating and gorgeous sounds. not sure what else to say, i'm sort of speechless.

Thanks Robojam, Jopy and any1particular. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”