Allomerus - Stomp - Now with Video

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rocks! My 6 year old daughter was dancing through the room
terrific drums. I couldnt judge if they were sitting right in the mix (iphone)
lovely sphere / sounds. wifey likes it to. :-)

That's a lovely image! Six year olds will dance to anything! ;) The drums are a live recording of an electronic drum kit on two channels so are premixed by Paul. We were actually playing a reasonably well known song at the time. I just edited out everything but the drums and added the other sounds afterwards...

Thanks for your comments, glad wifey likes it to. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

wow, this was quite interesting, really like the synth playing from begin alot! the drums are also very lively, little jazz feeling, but a very abstract jazz feeling if you can call it like that :D
great job man, cool ideas, this was really interesting
thanks for sharing

cheers

Thanks for your lovely comments Qatarsis! Much appreciated. :)
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote: The drums are a live recording of an electronic drum kit on two channels so are premixed by Paul. We were actually playing a reasonably well known song at the time. I just edited out everything but the drums and added the other sounds afterwards...
Now I'm really intrigued :)

I suppose you want me to tell you the track now! ;)
Bandcamp

quite different. Like the sound of many feet and the guitar.

I like it. These uneasy bass parts, give it a doom drive. Don't know about Frith/Cutler reference, I was getting more of early Floyd/Crimson vibes. It's got what's fun in prog rock, while avoiding the bombastic pitfall.

fateamenabletochange wrote:quite different. Like the sound of many feet and the guitar.
Thanks Fate! I called it stomp early on, so I just had to get some footsteps in there somewhere. :D
Bandcamp

Zombie Queen wrote:I like it. These uneasy bass parts, give it a doom drive. Don't know about Frith/Cutler reference, I was getting more of early Floyd/Crimson vibes. It's got what's fun in prog rock, while avoiding the bombastic pitfall.
Thanks ZQ! I wanted it to build, but with a slightly odd (or comic) effect, glad you saw it that way! The chords in the middle section are flat 5th 7ths as used by KC, so that's a good get! :D
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote: I called it stomp early on, so I just had to get some footsteps in there somewhere. :D
There is a Grateful Dead tune, ? on ? Terrapin Station ? where sound of many feat used to great effect.

Thanks Fate! Do you know which track, I did a search and found the title track, was it that one?
Bandcamp

sorry I'm not sure, vinyl from decades ago...

Never mind, thanks for replying!
Bandcamp

Made a video for this one...
https://youtu.be/uqIjIhFKSo4
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”