SoftWorld

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New Wave. A whole album's worth. Mostly done with Sonic Charge, U-he (Ace, mostly) and who knows what all else. Enjoy.

http://softworld.bandcamp.com/album/hit-singularities

For those who prefer the 'cloud over the 'camp:

https://soundcloud.com/softworld/sets/hit-singularities

i really liked 'dream poem 01 ' , which i selected at random ...
impressive ...

experimental.crow wrote:i really liked 'dream poem 01 ' , which i selected at random ...
impressive ...
Thanks. Vocal is by Bronwyn Bonney from Crime and the City Solution.

Phase47 wrote:
experimental.crow wrote:i really liked 'dream poem 01 ' , which i selected at random ...
impressive ...
Thanks. Vocal is by Bronwyn Bonney from Crime and the City Solution.
well , i've listened front to back now , which in and of itself , is a rare experience for me ...
with the exception of the first track , which i did not care for , i found this brilliant ...
well conceived , w/ high production values ...

i found myself totally immersed ...

Wow. Thanks for the kinds words!

I'm only now getting a chance to listen to this (I've been occupied elsewhere :wink: ). It sounds great up to the fourth track, but "Before Light" deserves a special mention 'cos the sound choices are spot-on. Damn good tune too.

Good work :)

That's great Seismic - thanks. Before Light seems to be the popular favorite based on feedback - always useful information.

I played a few more of these tonight. I managed to turn up the volume too. I really enjoyed "Dream Poem 01". I liked the unorthodox percussion and the cello. The vocal on here was excellent. "You Are Made of Light" is a great tune, and a lovely, lush sonic space to be in.

Good work :)

Thanks Seismic. I think the percussion on DP01 was a combo of µTonic and ACE. Vocal was from Bronwyn Bonney (Crime and the City Solution). Cellist is Christine Hanson, with whom I'm in the midst of releasing Fire Temple.

Link about Fire Temple: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=415207

Well now, what have we here? Some fine work and some not so fine.
Trks
- 1-2 = No real thought behind these I think. Didn`t like.
- 3 = Could have been a good track, but the dynamics is f**ked.
The trk`s strength I feel, would have been in the sound and not the content ...but the knee is too steep for this much energy and the track goes limp.
- 4 = Better content, still same dynamic prob. Best track so far.
- 5 = Long dialog. Seems to be a theme in this track and in others. I don`t like it, but it`s your style so stick with it, but it may be in excess.
- 6 = This feels like we`ve turned the record over to side two.
The music is interesting and moves you along nicely. Melodic dialog-like vocalizations this time. Getting more electro-spiritual with a Sinéad O'Connor sensibility. Getting bored with her on 2nd listen. A collaborator could have maybe condensed the content down cutting the drivel and so on. There does seem to be waste that could have been cut in this. A strong track, but could have worked better.
- 7 = More dialog on top of an intro extending throughout the track.
- 8 = I like this track a lot. very Laurie Anderson meets D.Bowie. Short enough so not to over do it.
- 9 = Dialog...but the musical atmosphere holds my interest. I like this one too. A second producer may have found it a bit empty and added things to glue the track.
- 10 = Dialog.

I think there was a lot of good work expressed in some of these tracks. I also feel left to yourself only, you may not be able to see where you can trim and prune as well as production additions in order to glue the track. ( This coming from the fine product you and s1gns created where this doesn`t seems to happen. )( talking about "Sores Transmission" later quarantined by the CDC ) :o :roll:

I do hear a strong creative energy, but not properly managed. It could have been up to the quality of a Bowie/Eno collab. I can hear them in your writing approach. Maybe just the ear of another good producer can hear what you may not be hearing yourself, for varying reasons. You have enough here that I think it could have been a much stronger product, but not as it is.

I think you understand me Don. If I didn`t see your skill and talent, as well as your deep pool of creativity, I wouldn`t say these sort of things to you. I`d like to see you achieve the strong product you have the resources to produce. :)

PS: forgot to mention...I liked how Christine played on 'Dream Poem 01'. What she played as well as how she played. (sample manipulations by you I expect.) Great job!
Last edited by annode on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Done.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:Done.
Epic! Thanks for taking the time go into detail like that. I'll re-read and digest tonight when I have more time. Great points and it's cool that you mention Bowie/Eno - Low is a constant source of inspiration/discussion in the SoftWorld camp.

@annode - check your PMs - sent you a code for the album.

Return to “Music Cafe”