Princess Singer 2015

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Princess Singer 2015

host: renoise 3.0
bass: dunecm
strings: redtron

I expected something super poppy when I read the title, or a vocoloid-princess with digital sweetness
But this raw stuff is cool :) i like your singing. The middle part is awesome! Where the weird stuff happens.

This could be the best version yet. I liked the guitar panning and the glitch. The chords have a quite heavy chugging sound, which adds heaviness to the track. The 'tron torture is great. Good vocals too.

Good work :)

thanks for the comments.

i have since adjusted a few things:

1) 'tightened up the flabby bottom' (now have kick 'punch through' bassline in 'low freq')
2) further de-essed the vocals (previously, 'sss'-type vocal sounds seemed like the loudest part of the overall track)
3) changed the bass and strings to the 'chorus' after the guitar solo. in this here version, the strings and bass in the section following the guitar solo are actually doing the 'progression' rather than the 'chorus'. for the album release version, the chorus is now in place in this section. before, i was re-listening and was like, 'wait a minute -- that's supposed to be the chorus with those vocals there!'
4) brought the guitars up just a wee tad.

all of these changes will be in the album release (if/when it happens).

it's not clear whether there will be an album (at this pace it might take a long time to get a group of songs). in the meantime the remix is up.

other changes:
5) adjusted guitar timing for 'better groove'
6) extensive bassline and string section revisions

oh, and a few drum changes. here's hoping everyone gets the bottoms they want -- tight or flabby.

happy holidays!

Definitely didn't expect that from the title! I didn't really know what was going to happen when it got to the tron strings, but they're a nice touch. Good stuff.

thanks guys... for the 'final mix', kind of went in another direction: https://archive.org/download/mrblitz_50 ... r_2015.mp3

time to work on a bunch of other stuff, including fawm 2015... cheers!

(edited 29 jan 2015 with new link reflecting new mix and updated band name: Xiangqi)

website for several versions is: https://mrblitz.bandcamp.com/

'

Return to “Music Cafe”