Got around to playing with Diva lately: ET-Fw

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Diva just gets that sweet spot for me when it comes to arpeggiation(and leads, and bass, etc...):

https://soundcloud.com/esgalachoir/et-fw

I was working on this just to unwind and have fun(the lead lines were making my wife giggle, which I think may have been their intended purpose :hihi: ) , then I was bitten by the producer-mode minotaur and my nostrils wouldn't stop flaring. Anyway, thought it was worth sharing. :)

Cheers,

- Corin

I really enjoyed this track and I'm surprised it never got any comments yet. It was really well done and I enjoyed the sounds in it. Does this mean you might make a Diva soundbank next?
:borg:

Good job on this, I liked it.
Good arrangement, composition and performance not to forget many cool sounds.

The lead synth vibrato patch was from some `70s funk hit...I just can`t place it though. anyone?
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:The lead synth vibrato patch was from some `70s funk hit...I just can`t place it though. anyone?
It reminds me a bit of the lead in Grandmaster Flash's The Message. But also something else I can't quite put my finger on...

Corin, I totally dig your style. That intro is so Tangerine Dream and then that beefy low-end bass kicks in :o.

Great stuff making a retro track that still sounds fresh. :tu:

Juicy and punchy! That sequencer pattern starting around 4:03 - fantastic and yes very Tangerine Dreamy, which I suspect I will always love. Thank you for sharing your music

I liked the intro. It sounds like you're gradually increasing the frequency cut-off of a low-pass EQ. As others have already stated, that lead synth does sound familiar, maybe from a Chaka Khan single or something similar. The sequenced synth is great.

Good work :)

V0RT3X wrote:I really enjoyed this track and I'm surprised it never got any comments yet. It was really well done and I enjoyed the sounds in it. Does this mean you might make a Diva soundbank next?
Glad you liked it. :)
As for a Diva soundbank, no promises. I'd have to really get my head and ears around it first, which I don't feel has quite happened yet.
annode wrote:Good job on this, I liked it.
Good arrangement, composition and performance not to forget many cool sounds.

The lead synth vibrato patch was from some `70s funk hit...I just can`t place it though. anyone?
bmrzycki wrote:Corin, I totally dig your style. That intro is so Tangerine Dream and then that beefy low-end bass kicks in :o.

Great stuff making a retro track that still sounds fresh. :tu:
Thanks guys! :)
Codestation wrote:Juicy and punchy! That sequencer pattern starting around 4:03 - fantastic and yes very Tangerine Dreamy, which I suspect I will always love. Thank you for sharing your music
Thanks, and you're welcome!
seismic1 wrote:I liked the intro. It sounds like you're gradually increasing the frequency cut-off of a low-pass EQ. As others have already stated, that lead synth does sound familiar, maybe from a Chaka Khan single or something similar. The sequenced synth is great.

Good work :)
Thanks! I may have forgotten to mention that I used Zebrify - the intro is a sidechained maze of instances of Zebrify with the arppegiator as their source channel, so there's a lot of XY stuff going on in the intro.
Also, the single instance of Alchemy that I used is a granulized section of one of the lead parts.
I've got a big tendency to treat Alchemy like Grossbeat by Image-line. Love using Alchemy that way, you've got so much control, and at the same time, so much variety.

it sounded excellent and the tune was very good put together. :!:
I enjoyed it how lead synth, bass and arp did interact with each other in a refreshing complex way.

Return to “Music Cafe”