June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry for the delay (different time zone here 8) ). June contest is going up now and May results will be up shortly!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

I like the June theme, I personly don't see a problem with using vocoders, but I have a BIG problem with Autotune, I hate it.

I'm going for country rock, using only vocals/vocal samples, all programmed using piano roll and trackpad. This should be fun.

On a slightly sour note, can somebody please update the hall of fame. It's now a year out of date :cry:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Some poor Syrian lady from East West 'Voices Of Passion' has already been turned into a makeshift pedal steel. Not the kind of passion she was probably expecting when she signed on for the sampling session.

I remember how hard it was last time...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=359154

There were many good entry though

Laguna Rising wrote:I remember how hard it was last time...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=359154

There were many good entry though
Quite enjoying it so far (so much that I reckon I've nearly finished now!) The main difficulty has been thinking something like, "I'll add a tambourine there", then realising you've got to somehow fashion some tambourine style sound from bits of vocal samples, rather than going for one of the hundreds of tambourine samples on the hard drive.. Good fun.

I think is more fun if do all the vocals yourself, and not using sample library's that's what I'm gonna do.

As usual, I'm having a blast making a contest song, bit it is kinda f**ked up.

Hellfog wrote:I think is more fun if do all the vocals yourself, and not using sample library's that's what I'm gonna do.
gonna try to do this as well
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

. . . wow, I haven't worked with Ableton Sampler like this before
it's a MONSTER :-o

Man, had to get pretty creative with my entry. A good thing indeed. Although the voice and body perc isnt too hard to manipulate :)

in with kind of a satire

just my voice manipulated with Sampler and lots of EFX

peace

Might need to try something with the Vocaloid voice I have sitting on my hard drive.

Some thoughts on the entries so far:

Donkey Tugger - this is pretty incredible. I aspire to have your perseverance, ingenuity, and facility with software.

Atardecer - That guitar sound had me fooled for a second there! Nice danceable beat (I chose to work on this instead of going dancing tonight, so I was bobbing in my chair to this.)

Mister Natural - I felt it was a little slow to build, but worth it once it got there in the second half of the song.

Rollasoc - Whenever I've tried something like this, the loop points and changes are obvious in the finished product. Kudos on putting together a seamless, pretty track.

zippy731 - The "never again" sample and the voice it comes from is pretty ominous - who's the speaker there?

Return to “Music Cafe”