[] & Périphériques 3

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Catalysis 2 - the tense shimmering background accompaniment leads me to believe that you're fixing to drop the hammer de façon inattendue. Watch out neighbours. I could be wrong :scared:

Good work :)

Interesting experiments!

The sound like they would work well edgy sound track.

seismic1 wrote:Catalysis 2 - the tense shimmering background accompaniment leads me to believe that you're fixing to drop the hammer de façon inattendue. Watch out neighbours. I could be wrong :scared:

I like that reaction. I'm liking Catalysis 2 quite a bit today. I'd forgotten what I did except for the ending. I think there could well be a next section which begins with a bang. I like those beginnings.

These are not experiments. Catalysis 2 is quite formal. Both Catalyzers are goal-oriented. in the first one I landed on this sonority that was baffling and I liked that. I kind of corrected it but it's a question mark, still. Then in 2 there is an answer. In both cases I worked towards the ending.

I start with Absynth and do a track which concludes in one way or another. An ending. Here I may be more or less in the dark, or I may know rather what I'm after. I have to commit to this no matter what, because it's a giant PITA to work with because the envelopes are very long and the reverb and/or delay makes matters worse. Actually the Glass things have to be committed to now because of long tails in the reverb. The only way to work is find points to begin playback which aren't a nightmare, and that gets old fast.
The design in the envelopes, in the 3-oscillator extreme stereo field m.o., the evolver paradigm, means the patch in itself is a quasi-composition. Making the patch, here are experiments but decisions, changes, corrections, are committed to.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Périphériques 3 - More of that SciFi/Horror scoring/scenesetting thang. "Whatever you do, stay away from that rocky outcrop over yonder", after which we spend the next 35 minutes of the movie waiting for the least likeable member of the cast to go check it out. Suspense.

thanks

funnily enough I don't have any pictorial anything going on

Nuages was named that because of the cloudiness of the track, I mean all the tape noise and saturation. This turns out to follow the other Périphs as a set. About to poot out a Nuages 2 which is pretty obscured by clouds itself.

seems i've some catching up to do ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUMm_LVcI7w

Slight additions. A little more volume, a little more presence.

I kind of feel like finishing this idea now after all this time. I'm pulled in several different directions at once again.
It depends.

This whole thing seems so slight now, but fine.

It sounds a little "smoother", or maybe I could say "more polished", it's certainly a little louder than the earlier version. I'll try to listen on the bigger system at the weekend.

it has some somewhat boosted highs. I overdubbed a wee bit of Synchron FX strings in two spots which likely no one can hear but me. Just texture. There's little difference but it is slightly louder overall. I was making the visualized type of video for these from last year so I might as well do something. It's time-stretched by ~.9%.

Thanks for your participation!

The highs sound more "natural" on the main system, when played at a decently high volume :tu:

louder sounds better ;)

actually I focused on certain things which already stood out and boosted them 3dB and suchlike. For me the slight time-stretch does something. I used 'Time Formant' algo in Nuendo which is sometime doing too much.

Return to “Music Cafe”