[Pop,HeadUpArse] Dekky's Midnight Burner (2nd version)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it's stalled slightly, got sidetracked a bit.

it was a bouncy mid 90's indie pop song (think "modern life is rubbish" era blur) but i think i'll concentrate on getting these two sorted properly first i think.

cheers,

steve.

okay 2nd mix of this song...

25 - SJ Orchestra Mix 2

I've...

replaced the goose sound with a ping from OnePingOnly.
Sorted out the snare (I much prefer this snare).
Removed some of the strings in the first verse.
Sorted out the bass line (it was clicking between loops before).
Found a couple of incorrect notes in the Orchestration which I sorted and
Did a bit of fiddling with reverb etc... here and there...

I think it's better :)...
I'm probably not going to do another mix of this, but cricism is still welcome. :)

Still needs proper mastering but I'm hoping to batch do some mastering when I have enough songs to compile a CD. (Actually, Dekky, would it be alright to add this to my future CD?... It's gonna be a free CD thing so I'm not going to make any money out of it... And of course you'd get a free copy ;) )

Cheers Ben
Ben

Hey, I like this, I wouldn't change much. Nice vocals and arrangement. Reminds me of some group I've heard but I can't think of it at the moment. Anyways, good work! :D
"..because anybody can
or should be able to rock off turntables
Grab the mic, plug it in and begin
..." -KRS-One
www.myspace.com/synthlegend

Cheers Sielsynth... thanks for listening... :D

Listening to the new one now....you did a kick ass job here Ben! ...top notch! Got my head bobbin' and my foot movin'. :)

Thank you mr me... :D

Great work... :D
The orchestral acompaniment is very well written.
Lots of very nice sounds that fit perfectly together.

Ixox wrote:Great work... :D
The orchestral acompaniment is very well written.
Lots of very nice sounds that fit perfectly together.
Thanks Ixox... :D

I really enjoy doing orchestral arrangements, it's very satisfying creating a big orchestral sound, and listening at each step as your piece slowly emerges. Though it does take me quite a while. God knows how these classical composers did it before midi arrived. I spend ages going.. "is that note right, nope.. how about this one..", so to compose with just pen, paper and just your mind I find amazing!.

Cheers,
Ben

Glooper wrote:
Still needs proper mastering but I'm hoping to batch do some mastering when I have enough songs to compile a CD. (Actually, Dekky, would it be alright to add this to my future CD?... It's gonna be a free CD thing so I'm not going to make any money out of it... And of course you'd get a free copy ;) )

Cheers Ben
Ben
Sure Ben, No Problem.... :)
My Distortion is Analogue...

2nd version is mixed even better.
The ping is a nice new element.
But I think I like the first one better.
The Goose-like drum in contrast to the traditional orchestra is what makes this song and it stands out more in the first mix.
Regardless, this song is one of the best I heard on KVR.

AndrewSimon wrote:2nd version is mixed even better.
The ping is a nice new element.
But I think I like the first one better.
The Goose-like drum in contrast to the traditional orchestra is what makes this song and it stands out more in the first mix.
Regardless, this song is one of the best I heard on KVR.
Thankyou Andrew :oops: :D ...

Return to “Music Cafe”