Water (solo) for, imagine ears

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eauson wrote:bUNDLe :D :o :wink: 8) :tu: :party: :hug: :phones: :clown: :hihi: :idea:

:D
Not heard that expression since I was in school way back in {mfty}{Mmf}.
Still, I thought it was interesting, but not really to my taste.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Ignoring all the drama, I thought the piece has potential -- soothing if somewhat unfinished. I would start it with just the solo instrument, then after a bit add some chordal backing, later add a gentle 70s rhythm box, and finally add another lead synth playing some counterpoint. Then you would have a complete piece. In any case, it was different and interesting. :tu:

It's actually quite infuriatingly hypnotic! :0)

The sound used is too static and thin for me...I would've liked to see it all more multi-layered with sounds that ebb and flow / morph a little more.

NOTE: Don't hear it as a piano, harpsichord, harp or anything else 'acoustic'...it's just a timbre that doesn't quite work for me on its own like this.

Having said that, I'm of the opinion that the musical content in terms of note choices works quite well...there are basic, but interesting patterns in there and they jump around and develop in a vaguely coherent way that is, (as I said before), quite hypnotic!

I'm guessing that it wasn't played live, but was programmed...

and having briefly analysed the ebb and flow of the various patterns I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least partly created by generative software.

Worth Developing further for me!

Can I suggest that all the people involved in the 'side debate' listen to this chilled, hypnotic piece again on LOOP!

And while you are listening...

CENTRE YOURSELVES...

Learning how to use Centering is as simple as 1, 2, 3:

Focus on your breathing.
Find your center.
Redirect your energy.

By becoming skilled at Centering, you can learn to master stress, rather than stress mastering you.

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY...

You will ALL f**king forget about typing the totally pointless, pathetic piles of dog shit that all so often spoils threads on this otherwise interesting forum! :0)

f**k....I need to CENTRE myself....damn....the stress...what am I doing...so ironic...so hypocritical of me...f**k! :0)

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BREEEEEEEEAAAAATH

Aaaaaaaaah!

Was going to type something else aggressive, but it's just floated away now....oh well! :0)

Love you all! :0)

It really gets boring with people constantly piling onto Wagtunes. I like reading his feedback so I hope he doesn't stop giving it.

As for the track, I think it could have worked with better instrumentation or perhaps some more creative fx/editing.

wagtunes wrote:
vurt wrote:
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music
Instruments
Performance
Mix

Overall

Comments: The problem with pieces like this for me is that, unlike real acoustic instruments that have a true rich sound and can stand on their own, synths just don't cut it for me when played like this. If this were a real piano, different story. But as is, kind of sounds like a souped up music box. Musically, it's okay but sonically it just leaves me cold. The synth sound itself really didn't interest me that much on its own. Don't even know how to "rate" something like this so I'll just pass on this one.

even you must be able to see the irony here, or as some might say "the f**king hypocrisy!"
No, there is no hypocrisy. You will never find me doing a track with just one track of nothing but a synth. It's bland, it's boring, it's pointless, especially if it's to try to emulate some acoustic solo instrument, which this appears to be doing.

Now, a solo track of a modular synth morphing and making odd sounds that wouldn't come from a solo acoustic instrument, that's different. It's something I can't hear from somebody sitting down at a piano or violin. There was simply nothing interesting here. If he'd sat down and played a piano sonata, even with a sampled piano, that would have been different. It would have at least given the illusion of a real piano playing a piano sonata. But it was obvious this piece was made with a synth. And not a very interesting one.

But by all means, go through all my Soundcloud tracks and point out the piece I did with just ONE track of an instrument and nothing else UNLESS it was an actual piano. One piece I did, called "The Music Box" was just a piano playing. I'm not sure if I posted it or not but that was a solo piano track. And it sounds like a piano.

So no, there is nothing hypocritical about my criticism. You simply don't agree with me, and that's fine. But don't call me a hypocrite. I do NOT do pieces like this and never will. They bore me to tears and do absolutely nothing for me.
And yet this little piece is more interesting than anything I've heard from you. Go figure.

And no one but you is claiming this is to be a piano.
It might be, in an 8bit sort of genre, but I personally find it suitable for this composition.
It might be even more intriguing without the staccato-like progress, but the title might refer to rain drops for all I know, and is on point.

And for the hypocrisy, I’m going to spell it out for you.
For someone using Vocaloid, to butcher the human voice, criticizing this composition’s instrument for trying to be a piano is hypocrisy at it’s very essence. Doesn’t matter if it’s solo or not.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
vurt wrote:
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music
Instruments
Performance
Mix

Overall

Comments: The problem with pieces like this for me is that, unlike real acoustic instruments that have a true rich sound and can stand on their own, synths just don't cut it for me when played like this. If this were a real piano, different story. But as is, kind of sounds like a souped up music box. Musically, it's okay but sonically it just leaves me cold. The synth sound itself really didn't interest me that much on its own. Don't even know how to "rate" something like this so I'll just pass on this one.

even you must be able to see the irony here, or as some might say "the f**king hypocrisy!"
No, there is no hypocrisy. You will never find me doing a track with just one track of nothing but a synth. It's bland, it's boring, it's pointless, especially if it's to try to emulate some acoustic solo instrument, which this appears to be doing.

Now, a solo track of a modular synth morphing and making odd sounds that wouldn't come from a solo acoustic instrument, that's different. It's something I can't hear from somebody sitting down at a piano or violin. There was simply nothing interesting here. If he'd sat down and played a piano sonata, even with a sampled piano, that would have been different. It would have at least given the illusion of a real piano playing a piano sonata. But it was obvious this piece was made with a synth. And not a very interesting one.

But by all means, go through all my Soundcloud tracks and point out the piece I did with just ONE track of an instrument and nothing else UNLESS it was an actual piano. One piece I did, called "The Music Box" was just a piano playing. I'm not sure if I posted it or not but that was a solo piano track. And it sounds like a piano.

So no, there is nothing hypocritical about my criticism. You simply don't agree with me, and that's fine. But don't call me a hypocrite. I do NOT do pieces like this and never will. They bore me to tears and do absolutely nothing for me.
And yet this little piece is more interesting than anything I've heard from you. Go figure.

And no one but you is claiming this is to be a piano.
It might be, in an 8bit sort of genre, but I personally find it suitable for this composition.
It might be even more intriguing without the staccato-like progress, but the title might refer to rain drops for all I know, and is on point.

And for the hypocrisy, I’m going to spell it out for you.
For someone using Vocaloid, to butcher the human voice, criticizing this composition’s instrument for trying to be a piano is hypocrisy at it’s very essence.
I'm just going to address 2 things and then leave you with a warning.

1. As for your comment about the piece being more interesting than anything I've ever done, you are certainly entitled to that opinion. There are many people who totally hate my music, so you're not alone there.

2. As for the Vocaloid comment, no, it is no substitute for a real human voice. I never claimed it was. It is still better than my wretched singing.

In short, I have no issue with anything above that you said. These are valid criticisms.

However, and please take this to heart unless you just don't care, should you begin to insult me and stalk me as you did before, I will report you again and you will be suspended again. I just want to make sure we are clear about that. You want to criticize my music or even my opinion on something, that's fine. But once you start making this personal again and cross the line again, it will stop. Make no mistake about that.

Hopefully, we can be civil to each other even if we don't like each other.

The ball is in your court. I'm willing to do my part.

Vortifex wrote:It really gets boring with people constantly piling onto Wagtunes. I like reading his feedback so I hope he doesn't stop giving it.

As for the track, I think it could have worked with better instrumentation or perhaps some more creative fx/editing.
i wasn't "piling on" i was trying to get in to a discussion, which should be ok on a forum surely?
the aggressive part of my initial post was actually a quote from wags himself, in a recent vocaloid thread, just a bit of fun.

i too enjoy wags feedback, the fact he comments on most things here is a great thing, the cafe would be far more vibrant with more like him (there are a few others) he puts many of us to shame in that regard, myself included.

vurt wrote:
Vortifex wrote:It really gets boring with people constantly piling onto Wagtunes. I like reading his feedback so I hope he doesn't stop giving it.

i wasn't "piling on" i was trying to get in to a discussion, which should be ok on a forum surely?
the aggressive part of my initial post was actually a quote from wags himself, in a recent vocaloid thread, just a bit of fun.

i too enjoy wags feedback, the fact he comments on most things here is a great thing, the cafe would be far more vibrant with more like him (there are a few others) he puts many of us to shame in that regard, myself included.
To be fair, everybody has a life. Some are busier than others. Not everybody has the time to devote to this place. These past few days I've been doing a "Flash" marathon because my daughter said I'd like the show. So I started with season 1 and am now up to season 4. I should be all caught up in a few days. But during that time, I haven't been commenting here as much as previously. There are only so many hours in the day. When the Flash marathon ends, I'll be back to commenting more. That is how life works. I don't think it's healthy to dedicate all your time to one thing. And I am speaking from experience because I used to be like that. Now, I try to spread it around. I find I'm happier that way. It may even be a few days before I work on my music again.

Point is, don't feel bad because you don't comment here as much as you think you should. Because if you're not doing that then you're doing something else that's important to you. That's all that matters.

true enough :tu:
enjoy the flash, i could go comic nerd and complain about the inconsistencies between the comic and the show but tbh i enjoyed the show. im looking forward to the new season.
black lightning was good too if you like comic heroes, arrow was great, then a bit weak then great again

vurt wrote:true enough :tu:
enjoy the flash, i could go comic nerd and complain about the inconsistencies between the comic and the show but tbh i enjoyed the show. im looking forward to the new season.
black lightning was good too if you like comic heroes, arrow was great, then a bit weak then great again
Yeah, been following super hero stuff since the 60s. Hard to keep up with it all today with all the spin offs and stuff but have followed over the past 50 years...

Superman
Batman
X-Men
Spiderman
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Thor
Hulk
Fantastic Four
Iron Man
Captain America
Avengers

Don't even get me started on my action figure collection, some of which I sold because I needed money. Next to music, it would be safe to say that this was probably the biggest part of my life growing up.

weird how similar people can be :hihi: only it's since the late 70s for me, lot of Japanese stuff too, through my aunt and uncle who both worked in some capacity in the sci to/comic book industry
through them i got to meet a hell of a lot of famous people, but at the age i was for some of them i had no clue who they where!!
who's this old guy you've got me chatting to? im here to meet the thunderbirds dammit!!!

vurt wrote:

It's all good man

wagtunes wrote:Yeah, been following super hero stuff since the 60s. Hard to keep up with it all today with all the spin offs and stuff but have followed over the past 50 years...
Damn! I thought I was a comic book nerd, but you might've out done me...close call! :0)

Although, I do have a MINT first edition copy of Black Orchid No.1 by DC (1973 Adventure Comics Origin Issue)...One just sold on Ebay for $700!
vurt wrote:i wasn't "piling on" i was trying to get in to a discussion, which should be ok on a forum surely?
There is a general point here that everyone on forums, (absolutely including myself), needs to be aware of...

You wrote to Wag:
"even you must be able to see the irony here, or as some might say "the f**king hypocrisy!" "

Fair enough, that you say that there was humour intended here and NOT an aggressive attack etc, but...

That humour and light-hearted touch is really difficult to put across to people on a forum:

1) We can't see your self-deprecating smile as you type or feel the vibrations from your low, rumbling inner chuckle.

2) The vast majority of us DON'T know you very well - we are NOT close mates hangin' together late at night for the umpteenth time...we are all relative strangers.

ALL of us need to be aware that the written word is a tricky form of communication that can easily come across far more harshly than intended. These are NOT throwaway comments to close friends, they are permanent statements in a public arena.

wagtunes wrote: I'm just going to address 2 things and then leave you with a warning.

1. As for your comment about the piece being more interesting than anything I've ever done, you are certainly entitled to that opinion. There are many people who totally hate my music, so you're not alone there.

2. As for the Vocaloid comment, no, it is no substitute for a real human voice. I never claimed it was. It is still better than my wretched singing.

In short, I have no issue with anything above that you said. These are valid criticisms.

However, and please take this to heart unless you just don't care, should you begin to insult me and stalk me as you did before, I will report you again and you will be suspended again. I just want to make sure we are clear about that. You want to criticize my music or even my opinion on something, that's fine. But once you start making this personal again and cross the line again, it will stop. Make no mistake about that.

Hopefully, we can be civil to each other even if we don't like each other.

The ball is in your court. I'm willing to do my part.
Lol. You’re in no position to issue warnings here. And you’re as much on watch as anyone else here. It’s not a coincidence you’re the one ending up in «discussions» like this all the time.

I’m watching you.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Return to “Music Cafe”