Steve Zensky ft. Jason Sparks - Deep Into my Heart (Basil Remix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 8.875

Comments: This one had me beebopping my head and trying to move cool. lol. For my ears, there are a couple of sections where the higher frequencies are just a tad harsh. Not much. Just a little. Of course this could just be my ears so take it with a grain of salt. Otherwise, solid production.

I don't know and couldn't find the original so i keep it simple.

The groovy bass line was amazing. The song itself was a bit too compact imo. It works towards the end, especially during the part were the distorted vocal loop fades out (love that part!). But the compression was a bit too much at times. The breathing works nice on the quieter middle part with just the strings but very distracting on that soft 'squeaky' guitar like synth.
The bass frequenzies are pretty packed and i wished the bass had some more room in the mix. Its not muddy or anything, just felt a little cramped down there.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 8.875

Comments: This one had me beebopping my head and trying to move cool. lol. For my ears, there are a couple of sections where the higher frequencies are just a tad harsh. Not much. Just a little. Of course this could just be my ears so take it with a grain of salt. Otherwise, solid production.
Thanks for listening. Sometimes when I make a sound I'll process something, record it, process again, record, repeat, etc. The results tend to be unpredictable but sometimes it's hard getting it perfectly clean.
Nubm wrote:I don't know and couldn't find the original so i keep it simple.

The groovy bass line was amazing. The song itself was a bit too compact imo. It works towards the end, especially during the part were the distorted vocal loop fades out (love that part!). But the compression was a bit too much at times. The breathing works nice on the quieter middle part with just the strings but very distracting on that soft 'squeaky' guitar like synth.
The bass frequenzies are pretty packed and i wished the bass had some more room in the mix. Its not muddy or anything, just felt a little cramped down there.
I might've over compressed the bass. By the way, the way I did that vocal thing was by putting a delay on the vocal track, putting the mix at 0 and automating the mix and feedback of the delay at the last word or syllable spoken.

Return to “Music Cafe”