Please post examples of your unserious, silly or failed tunes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote:Deleted (compared to what other people are presenting here it was completely horrible)
No no no! It has to be horrible, that is the point. Actually I think it is us who lose the game if we post something that is supposed to sound like a big failure and we are the only one who can hear it.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Would love to post that Gabba fun track i made once, but, i surely deleted it. :lol:

I must admit I smiled more than once here. They are not failures but contain some charming interpretations of trance and they tend toward cheese cake now and then. Rather sweet actually. I think it is fair to extend the thread categories to include “cheesy” productions.

Oh fck :lol: If this thread had an annual prize, rest assured that your contributions are top favs on my list. Whatever it is you are drinking, I want some.

Vortifex wrote:Not "completely horrible" at all. It's funny how we can be so harsh on ourselves :)
chk071 wrote:Yep. Not bad at all.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked these :)
IncarnateX wrote:they tend toward cheese cake now and then.
They surely do, therefore I never took them seriously so I decided that they fit the thread in some sense

Actually, I originally posted another track which totally does sound like complete failure, I'm not even sure why I'm keeping it at my soundcloud.

Well ... here it is. Listen at your own risk :) It was the first project I ever completed and it was supposed to sound like some old Infected Mushroom tracks, but I had aboslutely no clue about production, mixing and all that serious stuff back then

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/psychomotor

And just for the sake of it, a two minute something which I made when someone at another forum said that Diva can't into goa trance (it's all Diva except for drums)

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/divagoa1m
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Eauson wrote:
dark water wrote:
For Donks and anyone else, are there any half decent sites (as opposed to a person's own webpage, which I don't have) where you can upload an MP3 track to be played on the internet please?
I still haven't figured this out - I'm a tad slow on the uptake... - so I have to rely on the more unwieldy looking Soundcloud instead.
Cheers
As for upload, I've seen a number of dropbox mp3 uploads posted :tu:
Excellent, thanks that should work :tu:

A 'wonderful' selection of dubious songs here by everyone!
Good shit :hihi:

I haven't been posting much in the cafe because my time on KvR is so eaten up that I dont have time to listen to as much as I like (if I'm not listening to others I dont expect them to listen to me). I did do this doodle back in June, it has no name and the song to me is a very odd duck (but so isn't a lot of my music). I like it sometimes and then I dont. My guitar has no pedal or no other OD than just what is in my amp rig (Frenzel) and that's where it came from, I just was messing about and left it at this version, no mixing, no mastering. It feels to me kinda like you're coming in in the middle of something...the thing is I did enjoy playing this on guitar but I'm not sure it fits anywhere :oops:

https://soundcloud.com/hink/61018-82118a
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Well, Hink, it is not an obvious fail, it just sounds a little unfinished to me, like it wants to go somewhere but does not know which way to go (maybe that is the point of it). The drums are a little drawling as if the drummer has a problem getting his ass with him but the guitar sounds very good, clear and pro produced in my ears dispite its distortion. I once tried to produce a guitar on a 4 track Tascam and that is not easy (for me) at all.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

donkey tugger wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:Ihttps://soundcloud.com/incarnatex/maroonhunt
You see that all sounds fine to me
Mmmyeah. And what’s the name of those favorite beers of you, you say? :hihi: It also worked fine for me on about 3 grams of Kashmir during 9 hours of moonligh work but unfortunately it didn’t last. But thanks anyway, man. I hate the guts of it, so glad somebody does not mind it, no matter by which means they got to that point. :D
Last edited by IncarnateX on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think this is the third time or so, where “failed” dance tunes more apply to cute or cheesy to me. But then again, if you are not going for cheese, then I see why you may consider them fails. To be honest, it sounds to me like the tunes really want to be like modern IDM or Goa but cannot help itself end up in wannabe cheese in this indefinable cute way. Maybe cute also could be translated to “toyish” here. Like a child really trying to imitate a grown up without getting there. I think they belong in the thread due to the lovely cheese factor.

donkey tugger wrote:
sjm wrote:
It actually reminds me a bit of the DT cover of the Smiths that he seems to have withheld for now.

If we're talking the tarnce.. :hihi:

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/sweetness.mp3
That's the one. I listened to it not all that long ago. My tastes can be weird.

donkey tugger wrote:
If we're talking the tarnce.. :hihi:

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/sweetness.mp3
LMAO

IncarnateX wrote:Well, Hink, it is not an obvious fail, it just sounds a little unfinished to me, like it wants to go somewhere but does not know which way to go (maybe that is the point of it).
+1

It sounds to me like you created a backing track to jam along to where you collected some ideas. The guitar part is worked out in a lot more detail than the backing, which is just plodding along for now. If you adapt the backing to the guitar melody and add a bit more excitement and variation there, you should already be most of the way home. You just need a bit more time to invest in those parts that haven't had as much TLC.

Hink wrote:I haven't been posting much in the cafe because my time on KvR is so eaten up that I dont have time to listen to as much as I like (if I'm not listening to others I dont expect them to listen to me). I did do this doodle back in June, it has no name and the song to me is a very odd duck (but so isn't a lot of my music). I like it sometimes and then I dont. My guitar has no pedal or no other OD than just what is in my amp rig (Frenzel) and that's where it came from, I just was messing about and left it at this version, no mixing, no mastering. It feels to me kinda like you're coming in in the middle of something...the thing is I did enjoy playing this on guitar but I'm not sure it fits anywhere :oops:

https://soundcloud.com/hink/61018-82118a
I like that, has a touch of Ver Zep (or maybe more Bob Plant's more recent stuff) to it. As others have said you could develop the drums etc more. Of course in my head I'm hearing sitar, middle eastern strings, banjo.. :hihi:

Had a very quick f**k about with the electric sitar on the Variax just now before work - some stunning wrong notes, but you get the idea...

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/hink.mp3

IncarnateX wrote::hihi: ^^^^ Sounds like she was on a budget. That is one non-representative instrument to explore rhythms with. No wonder, @E; My parents would have had to beat me to it :cry:

Yes,yes :)
Another teacher was in a Pink Floyd cover band and used to bring in his synthesisers for us to play with, its easy to realise, once you've heard what's possible, this is the instrument for me :D

Look forward to listening to more of the posts in the thread, very interesting music :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Return to “Music Cafe”