"Sarosynivunge"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

Works very well...enjoyed listening.

One thing I personally wanted was for a few sounds to be a little more upfront in the soundstage...everything sounded quite distant which made it very slightly 'flat' mix-wise.

Something different for a Sunday afternoon. Nice ambient drone but maybe a touch too much reverb, but either way track works well.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

ChamMusic wrote:Works very well...enjoyed listening.

One thing I personally wanted was for a few sounds to be a little more upfront in the soundstage...everything sounded quite distant which made it very slightly 'flat' mix-wise.
This distant sound is fully intentional, I think it engages more listener's attention.

biodiode wrote:Something different for a Sunday afternoon. Nice ambient drone but maybe a touch too much reverb, but either way track works well.
Thanks for a comment. I used such amount of reverb to get this "distant sound" effect. First I tried using EQ only, but every time sound became "shallow". Then I tried various reverbs on all layers and most of the time one of the layers "stood up" in front, and I didn't want that. Finally i found combinations of reverbs which satisfied me, but resulted with somewhat "flat" sound, as ChamMusic pointed out.

biodiode wrote:Something different for a Sunday afternoon. Nice ambient drone but maybe a touch too much reverb, but either way track works well.
mm hmm. reverb overboard..
like adding more sugar to something already super sweet.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ranjarresh wrote:
Thanks for a comment. I used such amount of reverb to get this "distant sound" effect. First I tried using EQ only, but every time sound became "shallow". Then I tried various reverbs on all layers and most of the time one of the layers "stood up" in front, and I didn't want that. Finally i found combinations of reverbs which satisfied me, but resulted with somewhat "flat" sound, as ChamMusic pointed out.
but using too much of certain types of reverb sounds "fake" shoot for a more natural sound.
Last edited by layzer on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ranjarresh wrote: This distant sound is fully intentional, I think it engages more listener's attention.
no, it sounds fake.
i found your reverb overcooked and narrow sounding, lacking the width of a more natural sounding open space.

Ranjarresh wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:Works very well...enjoyed listening.

This distant sound is fully intentional, I think it engages more listener's attention.
If it was the sound you wanted, then that's absolutely 100% OK with me - it's your music! :0)

Just note though:

A number of listeners will find that 'flat everything is distant and awash with reverb' approach a little bit dull throughout a whole piece...it certainly didn't help to engage my attention at all...I really enjoyed the piece, but it was the excessive use of reverb that put me off it a little bit!

Return to “Music Cafe”