Flux Tolerance Indices

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote:lol

yeah, I was trying hard not to call it flux capacitance in the end. the Nuendo project name now is Flux Tolerance Indices.

the title actually relates to the piece, the pitches in flux and then... not corrected as such but regulated.

I'm gwyne wait til I get the new computer to make actual videos, I want to with this particularly. My psychedelic ones from 2013-2015 take tons of computer, this one just drops half the frames in capture, worthless.

yeah my son does video work, i used to think massive audio mix downs where a drag :o

that's a clever title, even with out the bttf reference 8)

The stupid ones where there is hardly any movement, take 20-30 minutes to render. The Habituated reboot is 6 and a half minutes of the maximal movement from the visualizer and it takes hours. And this takes enough of the machine's time that looking at a video on Netflix isn't even doable.

EDIT: on the new machine, which I acquired since this project, rendered a video about this length in 1:20.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat May 25, 2019 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:
jancivil wrote:OH, I shoulda said, I don't think clicking on the play icon in the embedded dropbox link plays it, it's a matter of right-click/save as mp3. It's a 320mbps, VBR file.
I think you can make it playable if you replace dl=0 at the end of the link with dl=1

This should play it:
Flux Tolerance 8-24-2018
Oh cool, thanks for that.

Can't hear it, been around here a little bit (recommended by steevm,), but don't generally click on links i don't trust...

Why quit SC when it's perfect for proof-of-concept and though it's not FLAC Quality, it gives a listener enough to comment on?

If that's the case... perhaps fly us out on your lear jet and serve horderves as we listen to your decadence? Sorry, jus sayin :shrug:

[edit] Ok new update i can hear, immediately reminds of a sci-fi flick i watched: (Frank Herbert's Children of Dune,) and the OST was very good... i apologize for the "lear jet and horderves" comment ;)

Interesting at the beginning turned to tense... and then the flute warns us of peace or trouble. Fin.

[Double Edit] it's not "loudness," it's volume, if Jimi Hendrix was barely audible he would've gottensacked by the Brown-Acid people on-stage and thing s might have ended differently :shrug:... i'm no kid, i'm nearly 40 years old, you should grow up too ;)
Last edited by DJ LFD on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Aspiring HipHop Producer: https://soundcloud.com/djlfd

vurt wrote:around 1.10, theres a little motif that sounds a bit guitar like, is that the amplified cello? or something kontour? nice little sound anyway :)

as for the rest, i can definitely hear some ligeti influence, cant comment on debussy as i don't know as much of his stuff.
it is a little quiet as a whole, but that's not a major hassle, just grab everything and pull up a few dbs, no mix issues at all to my ears.
the highs (which i know we both like to throw in :hihi: even if there is only you and me that like them :lol: ) aren't as "aggressive" as your usual works, seem much tamer here, but theres a lot of sustained highs, so that kinda balances that aspect.

very nice as an aperitif, look forward to more in the suite.
It's Kontour doubled with bass flute and Broken Wurli, emphasis on the broken speaker with 'bass wah' from the Ampeg Amplitube model. Kontour is extremely sensitive so I didn't drive it. Also I needed a 'wah' right there, bad. And this wasn't happening in the Kontour patch.

T.y. for the generous remarks.

As to the loudness to my mind this more is in the classical music area and believe it or not, kids, this whole kind of record predates the loudness wars.

Sorry, i edited my comments... it's not the "loudness wars", it is simply inaudible in the first presentation, with full VOLUME.

DJ LFD wrote:Can't hear it, been around here a little bit (recommended by steevm,), but don't generally click on links i don't trust...

Why quit SC when it's perfect for proof-of-concept and though it's not FLAC Quality, it gives a listener enough to comment on?

If that's the case... perhaps fly us out on your lear jet and serve horderves as we listen to your decadence? Sorry, jus sayin :shrug:

[edit] pok new update i can hear, immediately reminds of a sci-fi flick i watched: (Frank Herbet's Childern of Dune,) and the OST was very good... i apologize for the "lear jet and horderves" comment ;)

Interesting at the beginning turned to tense... and then the flute warns us of peace or trouble. Fin.
it's a dropbox link. I quit uploading to SC because it distorted too much on one thing, some low bass, not really pushing at all, and then I do a lot of highs. I've had people ask me how I got such a good sound despite SC, I really don't know. I would think all the cymbals I do would be problematic. There will be such a thing as mastering for that kind of lossy result but I don't have that. But one day I couldn't live with it, if I don't want to hear it why would I inflict it on others.

I'm quite impoverished, I'll have you know.

BTW it's hors d'oeuvres. :P

its a lovely little piece of sound design. could have easily been one of your guitar motifs 8)

:lol: im not talking about smashing it with a limiter, just a nudge overall.
although of course, its not an issue to turn up at this end, so didn't really bother me as such.

vurt wrote:around 1.10, theres a little motif that sounds a bit guitar like, is that the amplified cello? or something kontour? nice little sound anyway :)

as for the rest, i can definitely hear some ligeti influence, cant comment on debussy as i don't know as much of his stuff.
it is a little quiet as a whole, but that's not a major hassle, just grab everything and pull up a few dbs, no mix issues at all to my ears.
the highs (which i know we both like to throw in :hihi: even if there is only you and me that like them :lol: ) aren't as "aggressive" as your usual works, seem much tamer here, but theres a lot of sustained highs, so that kinda balances that aspect.

very nice as an aperitif, look forward to more in the suite.
more an amuse bouche , i feel ...

jancivil wrote:It's Kontour doubled with bass flute and Broken Wurli, emphasis on the broken speaker with 'bass wah' from the Ampeg Amplitube model. Kontour is extremely sensitive so I didn't drive it. Also I needed a 'wah' right there, bad. And this wasn't happening in the Kontour patch.

T.y. for the generous remarks.

As to the loudness to my mind this more is in the classical music area and believe it or not, kids, this whole kind of record predates the loudness wars.
valid point , in that i generally have my volume slider set waaaaaay down , given what one may run into 'round these parts ... a restart w/ adjustment , and i've no issues ...

as always , you show exquisite control of your presentation and staging ...

DJ LFD wrote:i'm no kid, i'm nearly 40 years old, you should grow up too ;)
Maybe you could purchase a sense of humor somewhere, junior.

What Is it supposed To Be... is my question?

It Is nice but an 11 year old with "Samples From MARS" could produce such a trifle...

Would love to hear a full explanation in the form of a Track...

Not knocking, but the quality of sampling is fine, the production, good for a stranger walking to a doorway, and that's about it, sorry. For someone so impoverished but worried about sampling rate and quality, you'd think you'd have less distaste for someone misspelling hors d'erves, and more empowerment in the fact you just created a really nice intro to: Something, but haven't finished basically anything.

vurt wrote:its a lovely little piece of sound design. could have easily been one of your guitar motifs 8)

:lol: im not talking about smashing it with a limiter, just a nudge overall.
although of course, its not an issue to turn up at this end, so didn't really bother me as such.
Well, there are parts that probably should jump out a bit but the mood is more a whisper in the middle of the night. I'll take all that under consideration, albeit I knew it was quite low looking at a lot of metering and spectrum.

thanks

DJ LFD wrote:What Is it supposed To Be... is my question?

It Is nice but an 11 year old with "Samples From MARS" could produce such a trifle...

explain myself to an
:idiot:
:?:

hard pass

jancivil wrote:
DJ LFD wrote:What Is it supposed To Be... is my question?

to an
:idiot:
?

hard pass
Please, by all means, finish the track, and i might have something more your style to say about it, because you Are obviously intellectual and Talented, however a couple strings and a pad aren't considered "Music"

Why not take my Mantra, and "Go Funk Yourself"

Return to “Music Cafe”