The Betrayal of Judas

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mozex wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:16 pm I am just gonna use masteringbox again when I have the money, never ran into any problems back then
They may have been spending time repairing your mix though. I agree with el-bo that you would benefit from learning some basic mixing skills. There are a ton of good mixing tutorials for all types of music online, and they can make a huge difference to how a track sounds once you learn some useful techniques.

Also, you might want to not just rely on headphones - they will give you one view of a mix, but it really helps to be able to crank some good monitors and listen to that as you mix.

Since I still live with my mother thats difficult to do... But you are right
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Mozex wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:16 pm I am just gonna use masteringbox again when I have the money, never ran into any problems back then
I wouldn't!

Firstly, unless you are really aggressively pushing your music to be sold, and to make a name for yourself i.e you really believe you have a hit on your hands, then don't spend money on mastering. You already have Ozone, which is a wonderful tool, providing you feed it with at least half-decently mixed source material. It can't work miracles, but it can take things up a notch, by adding corrective eq'ing and stream-qualifying volume levels.

However, more than that, I wouldn't go anywhere near a company that doesn't have the integrity to turn down your business if what your giving them needs to be improved, first.

I dont have ozone 8, i pay 10€ a month for it with splice with rent to own... I own it after 24 months of paying 10€. But I will see what I do.

I am unemployed on the moment and money is an issue lol

Mozex wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:19 pm I also need a new headphone, maybe that is the problem, its taped togheter and maybe thats why I do not hear things go wrong... I deleted all my songs and will make new ones and see if the problem is still there. Thank you all for the information
If your only means of proper mixing is via headphones (I need to mix in headphones, also), then it would definitely be worth investing a chunk in some good quality studio-reference cans. However, in this case, you wouldn't need to hear anything to know that this was not mixed/mastered correctly. You'd just need to look at the metering, VU's, waveform analysis etc.

Mozex wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:32 pm I dont have ozone 8, i pay 10€ a month for it with splice with rent to own... I own it after 24 months of paying 10€. But I will see what I do.
I don't own Izone 8, either. however, everything you need is in Izone 8 elements, which can be had extremely cheaply, second-hand on KVR.

What 'Elements' offers is final/corrective eq'ing and a limiter that will bring up (You have to have left enough headroom) your levels to correct streaming levels. That's it! Job done! Of course, it still relies on you getting it right at the mix stage, but you already have all the plugins you need, for that.

Headphones can be expensive, but you can get cheaper cans that will help with mixing.

I am uploading a new song now, please take the time to listen to it and let me know if this one has the clipping problem also, I am just curious.

Return to “Music Cafe”