Yggdrasil: a Minilogue ambient improv piece

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was gonna wait until Wednesday to reveal this, but as with everything I do, I just couldn't wait. So, here's an ambient improv piece I did on my Minilogue, titled "Yggdrasil".

The track consists of two parts. The first part is a bassline that I programmed with the synth's built-in sequencer, which I then improvised a lead part over.

What you're hearing here is the Minilogue completely unprocessed. No additional processing has been applied, aside from some tape saturation on the master bus.

Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/bvxUa4Sb7Kk
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Great late-night listening here. It might be worth adding some reverb or maybe even a mild delay to the lead synth to take away some of the "up-front" sonic character.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:41 pm Great late-night listening here. It might be worth adding some reverb or maybe even a mild delay to the lead synth to take away some of the "up-front" sonic character.

Good work :)
Much appreciated! c:
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Great stuff :-)

It is funny how upset people seem to be these days when they consider a track to be too 'up-front' or 'in their face'. I keep seeing it in responses like it is a hate crime or something. In every case, I find they are the tracks that I can listen to and enjoy better as they have something interesting to say. Music should be getting under your skin; if it doesn't then you are doing it wrong.

You warned that there was minimal processing and yes it is dry and a delay could soften it is bit but the directness is nice too. If I were sent this to mix, I think I would find myself backing off on the processing to keep the vulnerability of the feel that reverb etc will destroy.

Nice
:-)

Thanks, Benedict! c:
My solo projects:

Benedict wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:54 am It is funny how upset people seem to be these days when they consider a track to be too 'up-front' or 'in their face'. I keep seeing it in responses like it is a hate crime or something.
I don't recall being upset when I made the comment. I thought the track was rather good. Good enough to listen to 3 or 4 times.

Return to “Music Cafe”