Area 51 (Synthwave)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A recent track that I created in a synthwave style once I found the vocal clips the track fell together. I released it in anticipation of the Storm Area 51 last month. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/intermission-nexus/area-51

Nice, but maybe there could be more variety.

Interesting. Would have liked a little more melodic development but all in all, not bad. Mix is fine. Concept is cool. I could picture this as a theme song for some show about Area 51.

I'm inclined to agree with the two posters above, but I did quite like the track. The sounds all fit together nicely, and the little variations in the drum beat did just enough to keep the track interesting when variety was lacking elsewhere. With some more development and possibly another part with a different chord progression, this would've been perfect. But as it is, it's still a fun track to listen to. Good work! c:
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Nice to have a story attached to a track. Always helps me personally engage with the music. I liked very much the analog sounds. The vocals I thought could have been better presented at the beginning. Like @2:00 where you have reverb, and EQ going on etc.
Liked how you ended the song with the pad.

excuse me please wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:18 pm Nice, but maybe there could be more variety.
My thoughts on this is that the lead that comes in around 1:10 could go a long way to addressing this if it did more than just shadow the other instruments. Those porta synth leads are what make synthwave (at least to me), so it's a shame that the central element wasn't given more freedom to shape and carry the track. Seems like more of an afterthought than the actual lead.

There's a good basis here, but there's also a lot of untapped potential. A bit more polish and it could be more than just a "nice track".

Return to “Music Cafe”