March Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:17 am
Forgotten wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:07 am
vurt wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:08 pm sadly, on principal (and legal grounds) i cannot see it :)
Jodie Whittaker still got that restraining order in place then?
:hihi:

There's some devious Yarkshur propaganda subtext going on which is disturbing. The Doctor and most of her cronies are played by actors from the (the self-styled) 'God's Own County', whilst The Master as a total evil f**ker is played by Sacha Dhawan, from the Manchestoh area. :scared:
It's a tough call but Sacha Dhawan's performance in the last episode may have launched him into the ranks along with Michelle Gomez and John Simm as the greatest Masters of all time. Yeah, I know, everybody says Roger Delgado was the best Master but I think part of that had to do with the fact that he played opposite one of the most boring Doctors in Jon Pertwee.

Also, I think fans are being a little harsh on Jodie Whittaker. I think time will prove to be kind to her once her run is over. This past season was amazing and she was a big part of it, along with a vast improvement in the writing over last season, which was abysmal, IMO.

Anyway, back to the music.

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:17 am
vurt wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:08 pm sadly, on principal (and legal grounds) i cannot see it :)
:hihi:

There's some devious Yarkshur propaganda subtext going on which is disturbing. The Doctor and most of her cronies are played by actors from the (the self-styled) 'God's Own County', whilst The Master as a total evil f**ker is played by Sacha Dhawan, from the Manchestoh area. :scared:
I suppose next there’s going to be daleks calling each other “our kid”, and cybermen greeting the Doctor with “Alright cock!”

vurt wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:15 pm dont have a licence (principal)
so cant legally watch it at home.
a friend is a nerd too, so hell have them all recorded. so eventually ill get to it im sure :)
I have the same problem. But no conveniently near (and understanding) friend :cry:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

:tantrum:
yes.

That was quick production wagtunes, good basic R&R. But what ever you did with your voice, the result makes me think that it needs thorough noise cleanup.

harvon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:56 pm That was quick production wagtunes, good basic R&R. But what ever you did with your voice, the result makes me think that it needs thorough noise cleanup.
Noise cleanup was done. Whatever you hear was done intentionally. That's how I wanted the vocals to sound and I make no apologies for them.

harvon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:56 pm That was quick production wagtunes, good basic R&R. But what ever you did with your voice, the result makes me think that it needs thorough noise cleanup.
Okay, I just listened to the track again. You make it sound like there's all this hissing and crackling and crap going on in it and I'm listening and all I hear is the intentional breaths that I left in between some of the notes. So I have no idea what you're hearing. There is nothing wrong with the vocals other than the fact that I'm a crappy singer. But there's nothing I can do about that. Possibly you don't like the way I EQ'd the vocals. I took out pretty much everything below 400 hz because it really muddies things up.

Anyway, the vocals, outside of the obvious flaws in my voice, are fine. Feel free to vote the track down accordingly. The vocals stay as they are. I'm no longer playing the fix everything that everybody has a problem with because one person will hate the snare, another the kick, another the bass, another the reverb, another the hi hat another the piano and on and on and on. There's always going to be something that somebody isn't going to think is done correctly. At this point in my life (getting pretty damn close to the end of it) the only thing that matters is what I think of the track.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:50 pm Possibly you don't like the way I EQ'd the vocals.
Well because you denoiced the vocals then the EQ'ing must be the reason for the impression I got. What I thought though was that you used some kind of distortion FX on the vocals.

You got me curios, I will listen how my own voice sounds when I cut frequencies at 400Hz.

harvon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:56 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:50 pm Possibly you don't like the way I EQ'd the vocals.
Well because you denoiced the vocals then the EQ'ing must be the reason for the impression I got. What I thought though was that you used some kind of distortion FX on the vocals.

You got me curios, I will listen how my own voice sounds when I cut frequencies at 400Hz.
There's a lot of FX on the vocals. That's what you're hearing. The EQ probably just enhanced the FX.

Naw yall dont want to go there you see metal is my jam baby I eat that shit on everything, I might definatly be in top three then, and about time too, naw I know theres a lot of great tracks that come out of this KVR contest. What about at the end of the year we could make an album called KVR and the winner of each month would be on the album it costs $40 to publish $4 each winner or hell everyone who plays pays $1 for the year and then its paid for their might even be marketing money left over to take an ad out on google. what do yall think... Im in! https://soundcloud.com/szin-napalm/gangsters-nightmare ps i put this song in the wrong place in january and missed the fun cause of it so give it a listen for musics sake.
thanks SzinNapalm of LOVESINDOOM

I'm playing around with a cover from the way-back time machine . . . having fun

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

vurt wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:55 pm
springs are made from metel! :band:
Bingo! :hihi:

Is there anybody entering this month besides me? :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:18 pm Is there anybody entering this month besides me? :lol:
been busy looking for toilet rolls.
but i will be in it soon!

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:24 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:18 pm Is there anybody entering this month besides me? :lol:
been busy looking for toilet rolls.
but i will be in it soon!
In the toilet roll? :o

Return to “Music Cafe”