1018 Techno Jam

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since you were "kind" enough to comment in my thread, I thought I would return the favor and check out this track.

The mix is decent enough. Musically, it doesn't really do much for me. With just some minor variations in synth noises coming in and going out, sounds like just a 5 second loop played over and over.

At least it wasn't too long so that helps. A top line would have been nice.

All in all, pretty mundane stuff.

Really like this too. Nice dark 90s vibe.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:14 am Since you were "kind" enough to comment in my thread, I thought I would return the favor and check out this track.

The mix is decent enough. Musically, it doesn't really do much for me. With just some minor variations in synth noises coming in and going out, sounds like just a 5 second loop played over and over.

Two very different style of music, each with valid criticism of the other form their own perspective. Which also means to me that such criticisms are kind of worthless. Certainly his initial critique was over the top and uncalled for.

But from within the genre of techno, I think it’s pretty good.

Do you have any examples of techno that you do like?

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:39 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:14 am Since you were "kind" enough to comment in my thread, I thought I would return the favor and check out this track.

Two very different style of music, each with valid criticism of the other form their own perspective. Which also means to me that such criticisms are kind of worthless. Certainly his initial critique was over the top and uncalled for.

Yes, I do, but I'm not going to post them here. That would be disrespectful.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:07 am

Send a DM?

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:15 pm

Send a DM?
To you?

I love listening KVR techno attempts.

I actually find wagtunes comment straight to the point. Without knowing what happened between the two users in the past - i will reflect what he wrote. And he said it pretty decently.

Sound is somewhat there but story is lacking. Even for being techno it's somewhat like making some experiments on a loop without story definition.

I just visited his soundcloud - On the contrary 1017 even though it's minimal with story - for some reason it worked way better for me.

Good music either way.

Cheers

wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:49 pm

Send a DM?
To you?
Please.

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:02 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:49 pm

Send a DM?
To you?
Please.
Sure. I'll send you a Youtube link or two. Just have to go find them.

Link sent.

Return to “Music Cafe”