Bangkok Slide- a Retro Synth Expiriment

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice. Some good rhythmic elements.
I'd like to hear some vocals over this if possible.
And the insertion of a breakdown section where the vibe/chords change a little.

Well, it's a decent backing track. That is one of the most unusual sounding snares I've heard. Not really sure how I feel about it along with everything else. All in all, not bad. Would have liked a little more variation maybe.

Bansaw wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:48 pm Nice. Some good rhythmic elements.
Thanks. Hey, if you’re up for laying down some vocals on this track I’d love to hear your ideas. Why not? I definitely agree on a bridge of some kind.

Scanloni wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:22 am
Thanks. Hey, if you’re up for laying down some vocals on this track I’d love to hear your ideas. Why not? I definitely agree on a bridge of some kind.
Thats quite interesting... Before I read your comment I was on Fiverr.com looking for a vocalist for a track I am doing now! :phones: I find recording my own vocals difficult, and they need a lot of tuning.
For the Bridge, take away the drums for 8 or 16 bars or so, have a lush pad and a subtle higher octave arp playing. Withhold the root chord, makes the listener long to go back. Just before going back to the root chord, create some tension so going back is a nice resolve.
edit: if you go to my Soundcloud, I do this on "Lets Pretend (House Version)" start at 2:32 mark for the bridge.

Bansaw wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:33 am
Scanloni wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:22 am
Thats quite interesting... Before I read your comment I was on Fiverr.com looking for a vocalist for a track I am doing now! :phones: I find recording my own vocals difficult, and they need a lot of tuning.
For the Bridge, take away the drums for 8 or 16 bars or so, have a lush pad and a subtle higher octave arp playing. Withhold the root chord, makes the listener long to go back. Just before going back to the root chord, create some tension so going back is a nice resolve.
edit: if you go to my Soundcloud, I do this on "Lets Pretend (House Version)" start at 2:32 mark for the bridge.
Hey man, thank you so much for such detailed input. I love it. Feel free to collaborate!

Definitely agree with others that it's a good backing track, but needs something else, and it does seem that a vocal would be really good for this.

Return to “Music Cafe”