Take Me Round Again (Retro style) ... feedback welcome...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My latest. Inspired by a short story from Guy De Maupassant.
Feedback welcome as always, especially for arrangement, mixing, etc.
https://soundcloud.com/bansaw-843690132 ... ound-again
Lyrics
Stained glass window saint
looking through those, eyes at me

I'm Trying not to faint
But I've been shipwrecked, on your sea

Ah Ah---Ah Take me round again
Ah Ah---Ah Take me round again

Are, we knowing too much
Are, we we trying too hard
Give me something to go on

Are, we knowing too much
Are, we we trying too hard
Give me something to go on, give it

Then that night I saw
I saw what would become of you

I saw all of your flaws
And now I only see whats true
Last edited by Bansaw on Fri May 29, 2020 2:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Yay, more music to listen to. I am so bored. LOL.

Anyway, sounds great. Love the vocals. Damn I wish I could sing like that. Took me right back to the 80s.

When did the 80s become retro? God I am old. LOL.

PS - Finally figured out who you sound like. Dave Gahan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xrNaTO1bI

More early to mid 90s to me than 80s....not a fan of autotune, but beautiful vocals, very emotional. Cracking tune fo sho.

Well done production! For me it sounds also really as something from the 80s (maybe with a touch 90s considering the beat, but don't know). I also liked the effected guitar at the end.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

@Wags - thanks for the compliment. However, if you heard me live, you'd not compare me to Gahan! I have to use a heavy sprinkling of Melodyne and thicken things up with a Vocoder, Nectar etc. It needs a lot of sauce before it sounds halfway good.
@frank - thats for the listen and comment. I'm trying to sound less retro, but I am an 80s kid, so perhaps it subconsciously comes out.
@thomekk - thanks for the feedback. And thanks for mentioning the guitar. I spend a lot of time on the guitar solos. Its good to have someone finally noticing !

Guy De Maupassant.
:tu: some interesting works.

the track, very nice work :)
could easily see this being played in alt/indie clubs, if they ever exist again...

not even anything to get nitpicky over 8)

Very 80s. I used to listen to so much of this kind of stuff. It reminds me of something in particular but I can't put my finger on it. Anyway, it's a great track. :tu:

Killer track, but it's really the vocals that are standout. Nice work.

Sounds good.

@vurt, thanks Maupassant is good. I prefer Anton Chekhov though.
@Erisian, thanks for comment. Let me know if it comes to you what it sounds like.
@MRT, appreciate the feedback. Nice to have a positive comment about the vocals!
@JCJR, thanks ! : )

Bansaw,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: bizarre intro beats. I think it works better as the song proceeds. You do sound like Dave Gahan on here, and your vocals sound great! Did you do anything unusual this time to make your vocals sound that good? Best I've heard you sing. :) The background vocals sound very good! Is that some vocal sample thing? Lead guitar sounds very good too. Overall, I think this is your best song and recording. Audio quality is very good. Excellent! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:45 am Bansaw,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: bizarre intro beats. I think it works better as the song proceeds. You do sound like Dave Gahan on here, and your vocals sound great! Did you do anything unusual this time to make your vocals sound that good? Best I've heard you sing. :) The background vocals sound very good! Is that some vocal sample thing? Lead guitar sounds very good too. Overall, I think this is your best song and recording. Audio quality is very good. Excellent! :)
Thanks Aaron - appreciate it. I've been putting some time and effort into improving, so its good that someone notices an improvement. My vocal-melodyne workflow has improved so now its faster and easier to correct out of tune singing. the background vocals are EW Backup singers. I'm pleased I bought it, it adds to what I'm doing, and it can inspire me too.

Nice work! Really appreciated the subtle background vocal touches--added something unexpected. Good build-up, too, right before the guitar comes in (or maybe that was a synth, but it was phrased like a guitar part).

I'm only looking for music which is the type i like. I'll explain i'm here because your title (vague) reminded me of Maxine Nightingale - Right Back To Where We Started From.

OK that said: let's listen to your song.

The vocal it remind me of The Damned and a bit New Order.

I just noticed you are Bansaw who replied to my song. I love the eighties. I enjoyed your song, i don't love your song it isn't something essential to listen again. The production (mix) is ok, i hadn't noticed it's brilliant (you asked). You and your song definitely have something star quality or great songwriting skills, although it does sound a bit like karaoke. Peace.

Shane Sanders wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:55 pm Nice work! Really appreciated the subtle background vocal touches--added something unexpected. Good build-up, too, right before the guitar comes in (or maybe that was a synth, but it was phrased like a guitar part).
@Shane, thanks, much appreciated. Right before the guitar comes in, its a fret-slide. Its an "effect" in the Evolution Infinity guitar library I am using.
@Spring Goose, Thanks for the comment and feedback. Actually I often thought I sounded like the singer from New Order, closer to him that Gahan. You say I have "star quality" but it sounded like "Karaoke"! I think I'm bouncing between those two positions, hopefully I'll develop towards the former rather than the latter ! :pray:

Return to “Music Cafe”