vurt - cthulhu wakes (eldritch-step)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jesse Gorter wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:52 pm
vurt wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:54 pm
Jesse Gorter wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:46 pm sounds like something my grandfather Klaus Gorter would have loved!
I like it too!
thanks 8)
and as for your grandfather, i hadnt heard him before, but after reading you mention him here, quick poogle search, and im surprised id not.
given the circles he moved in and the few works i had a quick listen to, its very much up my street :)
i shall be checking through the stuff on your youtube 8)
i would also highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys my work 8)

thanks again, for listening and the music from your grandfather 8)
Cool! I had hardly heard his music before, I had it restored from the archives of the institute of sonology to get the tunes :D

Anyway, your cthulhu is awesome

hopefully we can get your grandfather a few more listens too 8)

I like. Epic indeed; it is almost as long as Part one (and longer than Part two) of Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells". :phew:

There is a section in your track that reminds me of that trippy interlude in Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love". :band2: :wheee:

H.P. Lovecraft wrote:"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:57 am I like. Epic indeed; it is almost as long as Part one (and longer than Part two) of Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells". :phew:

There is a section in your track that reminds me of that trippy interlude in Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love". :band2: :wheee:

H.P. Lovecraft wrote:"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

see i like someone who can appreciate the length :hihi:
think thats the first time ive ever reminded anyone of led zeppelin :o
glad you liked.
thanks for listening 8)

vurt,
Thank you for the review(s)! Now your song: So far the intro, sounds like horror movie background sound effects/music with optional birds! The weird laughing sound reminds me of Pink Floyd. I think I heard a Blue Jay (ages ago, my grandfather sent me multiple vinyl records with birds singing, and nothing else). He served in WWI and WWII, was a U.S. Colonel and a doctor. He knew General MacArthur, said he had a big ego; maybe it helps to have a big ego if you are a 5-star general. Your recording sounds good; would be good in a movie. I think some of the animal sounds were escapees from a Star Wars movie. Sounds like the animals are breeding with humans now. Somehow I survived the onslaught of ominous creatures. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Vurt !

I like it lots but I take issue with the title. In R'lyeh this piece is a lullaby. :)

Best always,

dp

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:48 pm Looks like something I had at one of the seafood places I went to a while ago.
In R'lyeh the seafood eats you.

Best,

dp

Can't say I hear anything when pushing play.

excuse me please wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:17 pm Can't say I hear anything when pushing play.
right click open in new tab, or hold link open in new tab if on touch screen.
not sure why this is a thing, didnt used to be?

@vurt
Does not work. But I'm sure it's kvr: recently youtube posts are silenced too. I've to click on the speaker button every time I want to hear something.

In the throes of pandemic isolation I fell asleep on TV remote the other night and somehow triggered a sequence that activated the Cthulhu Channel..and now this track appears. Eldritch-step indeed. Up the Mountains of Madness.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:56 pm vurt,
Thank you for the review(s)! Now your song: So far the intro, sounds like horror movie background sound effects/music with optional birds! The weird laughing sound reminds me of Pink Floyd. I think I heard a Blue Jay (ages ago, my grandfather sent me multiple vinyl records with birds singing, and nothing else). He served in WWI and WWII, was a U.S. Colonel and a doctor. He knew General MacArthur, said he had a big ego; maybe it helps to have a big ego if you are a 5-star general. Your recording sounds good; would be good in a movie. I think some of the animal sounds were escapees from a Star Wars movie. Sounds like the animals are breeding with humans now. Somehow I survived the onslaught of ominous creatures. :)
thanks for the review and the listen :)
glad you survived :hihi:

this time... :o

StudioDave wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:59 am Vurt !

I like it lots but I take issue with the title. In R'lyeh this piece is a lullaby. :)

Best always,

dp
well of course its a lullaby, we want him to go back to sleep :scared:
glad you enjoyed :D

StudioDave wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:03 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:48 pm Looks like something I had at one of the seafood places I went to a while ago.
In R'lyeh the seafood eats you.

Best,

dp
:hihi:

excuse me please wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:25 pm @vurt
Does not work. But I'm sure it's kvr: recently youtube posts are silenced too. I've to click on the speaker button every time I want to hear something.
sorry man :(
not sure what else to suggest.

gnu23 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:41 pm In the throes of pandemic isolation I fell asleep on TV remote the other night and somehow triggered a sequence that activated the Cthulhu Channel..and now this track appears. Eldritch-step indeed. Up the Mountains of Madness.
is that a real thing? :o
i know theres a few lovecraft adaptations coming out, but a whole channel would be cool 8)
thanks for listening :)

stay safe everyone, well, at least till the great cthulhu wipes us all out :)

Return to “Music Cafe”